Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cibanet

4 months off accutane

Hey just lettin everyone know I ended my accutane treatment in January, and Ive only gotten 1 small cyst since then a few months ago. If i get any breakouts they are the very very tiny pimples that go away in a day. And yes I was breaking out the whole time on accutane. It seems that I didnt start really clearing up until after I was off the medication. Amazing. So yes there is hope with this drug.

Later

Thanks a lot for posting this!!!! What kind of acne did you have before going on accutane and what was your dosage? I feel like I might be breaking out throughout my entire course too...

Damn i forgot my dose lol...I think total was 8000 or 9000 mg well below the 12000 mg required for my weight i think. I had really bad acne im talkin cysts from hell. id get about 1 every week it was terrible. But yeah if your breaking out through your course IMO i think its the drug squeezing out all the shit from under your skin, but once your off the drug, your skin slows down and most everything is out from under...but that's just how I think of it. I could be completely wrong :P

Damn i forgot my dose lol...I think total was 8000 or 9000 mg well below the 12000 mg required for my weight i think. I had really bad acne im talkin cysts from hell. id get about 1 every week it was terrible. But yeah if your breaking out through your course IMO i think its the drug squeezing out all the shit from under your skin, but once your off the drug, your skin slows down and most everything is out from under...but that's just how I think of it. I could be completely wrong :P

what are you doing for your skin now?

and how long did the redness last after stopping?

That's so wonderful to hear. I'm also curious about your post-Accutane skin care. I'm hoping my results will last awhile too. Congrats :D

Haha what am I doing for my skin now?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I just wash it when I'm in the shower with skin sensitive dove soap..that's it!

Like I said sometimes I'll get those really really really tiny pimples that you can't even notice unless you look really close, but that's about it.

I can only be happy when someone else has results from accutane. Congrats! :)

Unfortunately I still can't see any noticeable changes although I'm on my 4th month. But I still have hope :)

Yeah it seemed it really wasnt working for me in my 4th month either. IMO the true results don't come until after you have stopped taking the drug. It really is a weird process but whatever works ;)