Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 16 and I need some help bad! My acne keeps getting worse and worse, im failing my exams because i've been so stressed and worried about it. Please someone help me, i don't want to loose my life to acne!!

Also, my face is CONSTANTLY greasy and it feels gross! When i'm walking around school i cant even look at anybody!

PLEASE help me!

Here are some pics...

post-104116-1243343844_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243343877_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243343912_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243344146_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243343844_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243343877_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243343912_thumb.jpg

post-104116-1243344146_thumb.jpg

bro..

U have nothing to worry about

Just wash ur face about 5 or 6 times a day sounds crazy >_<

and put bp on each little white head (bp = Benzoyl Peroxide)

ur acne isnt that serious

if u wash ur face a shit load and use bp

U should be fine

go look at my thread

I get sever acne

cysts and all sorts of large nasty boils and whatever under my skin

U just get white heads

Go to A derm and u should be fine in a couple weeks of following their regimen

Hey, Just hang in there! There is help out there. Have you tried over-the-counter products (BP, SA, etc)? If so and you have not had much luck with them, have one of your parents/guardians make an appointment to see a derm. My daughter also struggles with acne and she is only 12. We have had some success with antibiotics from the derm, but they usually only helped temporarily. Right now we control her major breakouts with an aspirin mask (works great), Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (also works really good). We alternate them a few times a week. Also spot treat with the Mint Masque does wonders. Make sure you wash twice a day with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil for example) morning and night. There are many options out there, I only named a few that have worked for her. Her acne is most likely hormonal and yours may be too considering your age. Just remember that this does not last forever! I remind her that all the time. You do not seem to have a severe case (no cysts) so you really should be able to get it under control. But do start trying to control it now so it does not get any worse. I hope this helps!!

bro..

Just wash ur face about 5 or 6 times a day sounds crazy >_<

if u wash ur face a shit load and use bp

U should be fine

Please do not listen to this guy about washing your face 5-6 times a day, first of all who has the time to do that? Also, it's highly irritating. Here's some info that I found right here on Acne.org about washing your face too often.

Myth:Washing your face more often will help clear up acne

Reality:Facial blemishes are not caused by dirt. Contrary to what you may have seen in commercials, pores do not get blocked from the top down due to "impurities". Rather, the walls of a pore stick together deep within the skin, starting acne formation. Far from preventing acne, frequent washing may actually irritate pores and cause them to become clogged. A washcloth can add even more irritation. The best bet is to wash very gently with bare hands, and only wash twice a day.

yes please dont wash your face too much it will only aggrivate your skin. Your skin isnt all that bad. do you have a derm you are seeing? Go to one. If you cant afford it I would recomend dans regimen on this site you have to follow it perfectly tho or it wont work. I use patricia wexlers anti acne kit from bath and body works as well as vitamin b5. Both work pretty well for me. Good luck and dont stress about it!

yeah, washing it too much will only tell your skin to increase the oil production of your skin and you wouldn't wan that. I recommend washing the face in the morning, once during school, and another right when you get home.

I had acne like 4 times as worse as yours and it was ridiculous but what I used to get them cleared up was Proactiv.

dog..dont listen to that dude who said wash ya face 5-6 times a day...that makes it look better for like 2 weeks but then your body start producin way too much oil. drink plenty of water, eat well, try and stay stress free..thats the best way for me to control mine

Looks like you have Folliculitis? =/

First and formost, Good hygine. Cut out junk food, sugar, dairy, etc. And take cold showers at least twice a day.

Cold showers! I cannot stand the feeling of being cold. Dont you mean warm showers?

3littlewords, mine is the same as yours and i'm totally stressed out too! mine appeared the day i put on retin-a and how i regret that i took it. if only i didn't take, maybe it's not this condition now. however, try finding a derm and discuss the medications you should take and do search about the medications first before you go through it to avoid any like mine. i didn't read about how retin-a works until i broke out. how poor of me..

i also find it hard to go to work and meet people just like how you feel. this is my worst acne i've had...

Yea dude you dont want to wash your face 4-5 times a day. You may dry it out. I had cystic acne and would hate when it was dry. Every time I would take a bite of something my skin would stretch and a pimple would pop. Sounds funny but its true. I would wash in the morning to get the medication off, afternoon when I get home from school and before bed when applying the acne meds. See a drem. Cystic acne needs to be fought on the inside and out.

Try to see a derm as soon as possible.

I had cystic acne and I would use over the counter products and they would help for a month or so then the acne would comeback with a vengeance.

After seeing the dermatologist it took a year before my acne got better, and the red-marks dissapeared. I was on bactrim once a day, differin in the morning and another cream which i dont recall right now. I also changed my diet, ate more greens stayed away from butter, fast food places and dark sodas. I lost 5 pounds doing this too.

After a while I started to not wash my face with anything (which I do until today), All i do is when I shower I let water run through my face and I rub it very softly. The other thing I started to do was not worry about it as much.

I remember after the 3rd month of bactrim I told my derm about accutane, he said I had to wait at least 6 months. I think what really helped me was differin with the other cream (I'll edit once I get home). I'll post pictures today if possible before and after pictures.

Overall as hard as it sounds keep your head up (easier said than done) and visit a derm as soon as possible, keep in mind that acne will not be cure overnight is a long drawn out process.

Right now I breakout once in a blue moon and they dissapear in 1-2 days.

Please listen to this. A few months ago I was in the same position as you, I know how it feels, just hang in there. My acne was/is the same type as yours mainly, but it was concentrated on the forehead and chin/jawline area. I also used to get very oily especially on my forehead, I tried many things... from baking powder to acv e.t.c but nothing worked. In late March I got some panoxyl (benzoyl peroxide) and started the regimen not expecting too much to happen as I had tried a lot. After 2 weeks, All of my acne had gone down and I was left just red marks which I still have now but are fading. I strongly reccommend this, it is perfect for oily skin and your type of acne, because you don't have severe acne such as cysts and nodules, you seem to have whiteheads.

Good luck! :dance:

your acne seems to be hormonal, from what i've read. I'm no expert, but i'm just saying, hormonal acne (such as the kind one might get from taking steroids though i'm not suggesting you did) tend to consist of mainly whiteheads like you have. Go to a dermatologist, because really that's inevitably where you'll end up even if you try OTC products first. Good luck, and remember that it's only temporary.