Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Yasmin now for almost 4 months (on my 4th right now) and I still have huge pimples on my face. Mostly around my jawline. It's really discouraging and I just want to stop taking Yasmin because I don't know if it's working at all. Can anyone tell me if they were on it and it took this long to start working? How long do I have to wait till I can stop wearing makeup again. :(

Posts to this are much appreciated! I need some hope! lol

ughhh I'm totally in the same boat as you. Going into my third month of Yasmin and haven't seen any improvements. A lot of my acne is also along the jawline! Although my doc told me it could possibly take up to 8 months to see real results! that's way toooo long :snooty:

I hear you! I am really impatient when it comes to my skin! When my face gets bad I tend to be a hermit and not go out, avoid any contact with people I know. Might seem ridiculous but acne just KILLS my self-esteem. I really think my acne problem is hormonal, but then shouldn't Yasmin help to clear it up fast? Maybe I am wrong and it's not hormonal? I'm getting really annoyed and don't want to wait 8 months on a pill that will probably not work just like the rest of them I've tried! grr

Hi im pretty much in the same boat to so lets row together! haha but seriously ive had moderate ance for about a for 3 years nothing has helped my face ,i just want clear skin so bad again! my dermo told me to try YAZ and they said 1-2 months it will get better then it should be clear. ive been on it for almost 2 weeks and nothing has happened odvisously. but try to stay on it for another month ,i say if you dont start to notice a difference by then change to something else

It might work for you... it definately should take longer than 2 weeks before you see positive results. I am going to stick it out and stay on Yasmin for 8 months and see what happens. I am just going to have to pray that it will kick in at some point and start working. :)

Good luck on your journey to clear skin... it's a tough road, that's for sure!

I've just started to take it too. I really hope it helps me. The only pill I have had success with is Dianette in the past and that took about 6 months to kick in although i did notice some drying out and slight improvement before that. Whereas with the last pill I was taking Cilest, things just got slowly and progressively worse over 3 months hence why the dr changed me onto Yasmin.

Good luck everyone and keep updating :-)

Just went to my doctor today to get more Yasmin. I am definately going to stick this one out and see what happens. I hope it works cause I usually never give anything a chance and this time I am! If this doesn't work... I'm not sure what I should do. Glad to know that I am not alone on this rocky road though! :) Stick in there everyone

Oh P.S. does anyone get a rash on one of their arms from birth control? Cause I do and I told my doctor and she was just like "ohh weird...okay so anyways" lol

I am on my 2nd month of yasmin and while I get a few little pimples here and there my cystic pimples have stopped appearing sporadically over my jawline. Hopefully my skin gets to be perfect as I go along but we will see...

I hope something can help me out here. I'm currently taking Yasmin and I'm almost done with the 2nd pack, starting the white pills on Saturday. So, I'm guessing that I will start my period. I am wondering why I'm breaking out just as bad as before I was on the pill? First month wasn't so bad.

Ever since I started Yasmin, I've noticed that it continues giving me zits on my nose, little red ones, and now one huge one. It's also bringing up my old whiteheads that have been on my face for about 4 months now. I don't know if it's too soon or what not, but it's making me more upset, waiting..waiting for my face to get better and it never does. Now I have a hurtful , large zit hanging off my top lip, and another SMACK dab in the middle of my nose. I barely ever get zits on my nose. It's mostly my cheeks, and jawline/chin. I am wondering why the pill is dead set for my period, but yet is doing nothing for my face yet? I'm so upset that this is not going to work, it's like literally my last resort, topicals do nothing for me. I'd like to go on Spiro , but I don't have insurance, however I'm still looking into this.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Any comments, suggestions............

Sorry for the lengthy post. :eh:

Thank you!

I hope something can help me out here. I'm currently taking Yasmin and I'm almost done with the 2nd pack, starting the white pills on Saturday. So, I'm guessing that I will start my period. I am wondering why I'm breaking out just as bad as before I was on the pill? First month wasn't so bad.

Ever since I started Yasmin, I've noticed that it continues giving me zits on my nose, little red ones, and now one huge one. It's also bringing up my old whiteheads that have been on my face for about 4 months now. I don't know if it's too soon or what not, but it's making me more upset, waiting..waiting for my face to get better and it never does. Now I have a hurtful , large zit hanging off my top lip, and another SMACK dab in the middle of my nose. I barely ever get zits on my nose. It's mostly my cheeks, and jawline/chin. I am wondering why the pill is dead set for my period, but yet is doing nothing for my face yet? I'm so upset that this is not going to work, it's like literally my last resort, topicals do nothing for me. I'd like to go on Spiro , but I don't have insurance, however I'm still looking into this.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Any comments, suggestions............

Sorry for the lengthy post. :eh:

Thank you!

Aren't BCPs the most frustrating thing EVER! Trying to find the right pill that helps with skin, cramps, no weight gain, no headaches, no body aches, no spotting, etc.........wow the list goes on and on and on. I guess it's a trial and error process! I'm thinking of switching from Ortho Tri Cyclen to Yasmin..........any opinions on this? Let me know how everyone does with Yasmin......keep me posted on the progress!!!! I hope it works wonders for all of you!!!!