Notifications
Clear all

Can makeup cover TCA Cross scabs?

MemberMember
(@venus-in-virgo-gal)

Posted : 06/05/2004 8:01 pm

Would a foundation like Dermablend or Covermark conceal the scabs from TCA Cross? Just wondering before I attempt to try it. I really do not want to go out in public if I'm going to try Cross.

MemberMember
(@miss_prolixity)

Posted : 06/06/2004 12:33 am

Hi Ctfm,

I haven't had any TCA cross treatments, but I've had a few power peels that left scabs. And it's extremely hard (if not impossible) to cover up with makeup.

If you're going to perform TCA cross, most people have stated it takes about a week for the scabs to fall off. Even then, there's redness to be dealt with, but I'm sure it's easier to cover than scabs.

MemberMember
(@richardskin)

Posted : 06/06/2004 2:48 pm

I have many clients who use Dermablend to conceal the scabs. the scab must be formed before using any cosmetic, it will not conceal the scab completely but it does help.

MemberMember
(@venus-in-virgo-gal)

Posted : 06/06/2004 10:38 pm

Richard, are some of your clients using the 25% TCA to do Cross? Just wondering... I have had an unused, never opened 50% TCA bottle sitting on my shelf for about 3 months and I'm too scared to try Cross with that strength.

MemberMember
(@reilly)

Posted : 06/06/2004 11:16 pm

I found that makeup made my scabs look MUCH worse. I tried to cover them with several different brands of concealer, airbrush , etc. and they just looked awful. However, the post cross redness is easily concealed. The healing time w/ cross is not easy to deal with, especially if you have been acne-free for a while but the results on icepick type scarring is truly amazing.

Reilly

MemberMember
(@rock)

Posted : 06/07/2004 8:24 pm

Reilly,

I just had my 1st TCA Cross Treatment performed today. My doctor wanted to test my healing response so he just treated 3 ice pick scars.He also stated this treatment seems to be most effective for ice picks as you mention. Why is that?

Is it still the most effective treatment for rolling and boxcar scars in your opinion?

Most of my scars are soft scars(rolling,boxscar) so I was wanting to know if you know the most effective treatment for that.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@richardskin)

Posted : 06/07/2004 10:19 pm

Most people get very good results on boxscars and rolling scars but ice pick scars respond best because they are narrow holes in the skin, when the acid is applied it burns the inside of the scar, then it produces more scartissue to fill the hole. It actually heal itself toether.

MemberMember
(@reilly)

Posted : 06/08/2004 1:35 am

Rock~ Sounds like you have a great doctor to perform test sites on you! Cross seems to work well on most icepick scars but everyone's skin is so different that testing is always wise.

Richard is correct in stating that cross does work for rolling and boxcar type scars but results seem mixed. From what I have been able to gather, it works best on icepicks because the collagen matrix is able to span the scar once it is wounded. That is why you want to avoid the pit's borders~to avoid damaging the healthy collagen fibers. Anyway, without getting too nerdy....depending on your individual healing capacity, cross can improve your larger scars or make them much worse. Larger TCA treated areas have increased pigmentation problems and redness as well as uneven collagen deposition which results in a wavy/burned skin appearance. So... I chickened out and only treated my scarred pores and icepick scars. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your cross treatment and remember the longer the scab stays the better!!!

Reilly

MemberMember
(@laroche)

Posted : 06/08/2004 12:25 pm

Hi Reilly,

I've seen your before & after photos and you look great. I have one ice pick which is about 4 mm long (actually like two big open pores but connected) and 1 mm wide. My dermatoligist did a pulse dye (light) laser on it and the it took about 2.5 weeks to heal, but the scar was still there. I'm not sure I really have much faith in my dermatologist. Id now like to try the cross. Is it OK to try it myself like you did? I read the 12.5% is best the first time just to test it out. But I've had trouble finding a source to get it. And what to apply before and after the treatment. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@rock)

Posted : 06/08/2004 12:31 pm

Thanks RichardSkin and Reilly!

I also feel my doctor is great. He was not aware of the TCA Cross Treatment until I notified him about it. He classified all my scars in a consultation, and researched the procecure and seems to be an expert on it now and it became his treatment of choice.

Do you guys think subcision and collagen in jections are more effective for rolling and boxcar scars? question.gif

MemberMember
(@richardskin)

Posted : 06/08/2004 1:05 pm

Subcision is a good option, but there are many other fillers that last longer and have fewer side effects than collagen. Your doc sounds like a good one so speak to him about the fillers.

MemberMember
(@shy09)

Posted : 07/14/2019 10:12 pm

can i wear makeup 20 hours after tca cross peel?

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 07/15/2019 1:30 am

3 hours ago, shy09 said:

can i wear makeup 20 hours after tca cross peel?

I mean I have and its fine but the scabs and texture from the procedure show through a lot.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 07/15/2019 4:33 am

Everyone is different but I would say probably not for like a week.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/15/2019 4:33 pm

@shy09No you cannot wear makeup 20 hours post procedure, your still in wound healing phases with closure and inflamation. Especially if it's normal foundation and or concealer as the wound is still healing. The"scab" is very fragile. You do not want to do anything to distrub the wound. Mineral makeup is a diffrent topic for surgical treatments,... you can find these in high end dermatologist offices or even Sephora or the dept stores sell some of this. Many of them are powder. Problem is powder will look clumpy and cling to the scab, you will notice there is something there. Then there is the issue of makeup remover, ... this would remove the scab or excessive cleaning your makeup off. Reardless discuss this with your practioner and ask about makeup. Scabs will fall off as Quan said in about a week or so naturally and then you can fully apply normal makeup. I know for instance Dr Rullan employs a aesthetician to take care of makeup consults post procedure as needed. It's very popular to use a light tinted sunscreen as well.

Dermablend is a great makeup to spot treat, but I would not use this 20-hrs post.