Notifications
Clear all

Dark circles under eyes..Permanent?

MemberMember
(@mnicol19)

Posted : 05/23/2009 9:03 pm

Hello,

I am currently on accutane and everything seems to be going well. One problem I have is that I have noticed that the skin under my eyes has gotten darker (nothing major, but something i definately dont want, since i am a 17 year old male) I read from various places that this is caused by the thin skin and something with the blood vessels. I also started taking a vitamin K supplement to combat this...I drink lots of water, get a LOT of sleep, eat well, etc...I was just wondering if there were people out there who also experienced this, and if it went away after you course...if the dark circles are just from thin skin and it will go back to normal after i stop accutane then i am fine with that

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 05/24/2009 7:28 am

I am not sure if anyone's dark circles have ever gone away. Maybe for some. I do know for me and some others that experince this it didn't. Depends, that's with any side effect.

You can read the link below...Maybe try some eye cream to lighten the darkness might help.

good luck

MemberMember
(@godswill)

Posted : 05/24/2009 10:37 pm

Yeah Ive noticed that lately too. Im on summer break so Im sleeping a lot and its still pretty bad.

And I noticed earlier this evening that my veins around my eyes lids and eye brows are actually really noticeable now. Im on day 30 so i still have a while to go.

The pain and suffering for clear skin...haha.

MemberMember
(@aoee)

Posted : 05/25/2009 6:17 pm

I got this too. I don't know if it was from natural aging or Accutane, though. I still have it.

MemberMember
(@narcissus09)

Posted : 05/25/2009 6:49 pm

Just use moisturizer and it should fade to a great degree.

MemberMember
(@nvaspider)

Posted : 05/25/2009 7:52 pm

yes i got the raccoon eyes after accutane. due to advanced aging / skin thinning effects of the drug.

MemberMember
(@mnicol19)

Posted : 05/25/2009 11:14 pm

Ok, thanks for all the replies. Just wondering, for those of you who responded, did your skin get back to being thicker after accutane. I think whats going on under my eyes is directly related to the thin skin because i first noticed it at the same time when my skin started to get real dry (I know your pores get somewhat bigger after the course, so i imagine your skin will regain at least some of its thickness)

Also, anyone who has experienced the dark circles, please reply and tell your story. What was the severity? Did it go away after your course was stopped?

I have begun using an undereye lifting cream every time I wash my face. It may be helping, not sure. (at least it hasnt gotten worse in the past couple days)

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@franzanz)

Posted : 01/22/2017 6:44 am

I know this is almost 7 years old but is anyone still here that had this, and if it went away afterwards?

MemberMember
(@hey2344)

Posted : 04/07/2018 12:03 am

The last month of treatment I noticed my wrinkles and dark circles had gotten so much worse. I just feel like my whole face has changed. Ive been off almost 2 weeks and the dark circles or wrinkles havent gotten better. Totally sucks. I didnt ask my dr about it I forgot. Hope this goes away too

MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 04/07/2018 4:37 am

Excellent, yes, Accutane permanently dried out and thinned my skin. My lips have never healed. I am 10 years post Accutane. Doctors have to tell teenagers this, that they might fuck up their skin for life!

Please tell your doctors about this because they all say "oh no, none of my patients has ever experienced lasting side effects." Bullshit.

@Hey2344 there is still hope for you. If you belong to the lucky ones, your side effects will go away the latest 3 months post treatment.

MemberMember
(@tripplex)

Posted : 07/06/2018 4:45 am

i am also here having this dark circles under eyes 2 months in 40mg