Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fall

Zinc Supplement and Apple Cider Vinegar

Hey guys,

I have decided to give zinc supplement a chance since I've been breaking out really badly and have terrible acne scars. I heard many good experiences from people who have tried zinc. However, I also consume around 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar per day for roughly a few months now and don't know whether it would be harmful if I suddenly incorporate zinc into my regimen. Any information would be helpful, thanks!

This is the zinc that I purchased, anyone has it before? If so, how did it work for you?

https://www.puritansale.com/mineral-product...cne&rdcnt=1

whats working great for me is taking 50 mg zinc, exfoliating with baking soda, then applying a 50/50 toner of apple cider vinegar. its great because zinc reduces inflammation and oil, and baking soda exfoliates dead skin cells, and the apple cider vinegar fades red marks, anti bacterial, and is good for your complexion. i suggest you try it out.

I picked up some 50 mg Zinc Picolinate today. Going to start using it after dinner tonight and we'll see if it will help in time..

Wow i use the exact same one since it is formulated for acne, i think it does help I just get lazy and stop using it for quite some time but I do think it helps with the healing process the key is being consistent for a period of a few good weeks to see results, I need to take my own advice too. Good luck

Honestly all they probably did is take NORMAL zinc and put "for acne" on there lol. Taking any zinc would very likely be the same. I've been taking zinc for quite some time now. It doesn't seem to do anything drastic, but it may be helping. I just can't see it. I still continue taking it. Might as well.

sorry to burst your bubble, but zinc is good, but its definetly no miracle. I took zinc for a while now, and the first 2-3 weeks while i was on it, my skin was beautiful and I didnt get 1 new pimple, but after my body got acustomed to it, back came the acne. Not as bad obviously, but it still came back