Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
john45

Any one tried Oxytetracycline?

Went to the doctors and he prescribed me Oxytetracycline, told me to take 2 twice daily. So thats 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon for 2 months, he didnt explain what would happen or how they would work, When i asked, he just said "it will clear up my face", so am gonna go through the process to see what happens, I know with some antibiotics there is an initial breakout right? anyways i suppose its better than nothing.

Any one had any experience with Oxytetracycline?

hey john i was prescibed oxytetracycline 1000mg x4 pills a day in aug last year it took a few weeks to kick in, as to the point where i thought they wernt working and then they seemed to just kick into gear, just take them on an empty stomach a good hr before food maybe that prevented them working in the beginning god knows, dude hope that helps.

Hey, i am on Oxytetracycline at the moment - having been prescribed it over a month ago. I am currently taking a tablet twice a day (250 mg). So far i cannot say that it has been great. I still get spots now and then (one or two). My skin is still very oily which is quite annoying to be honest.

Once i finish my prescription i will ask the GP if either i can try something else or potentially up the dosage.

Overall i haven't noticed much difference while being on it. Just remember to take on an empty stomach or one hour before food. Also, it is probably better to consume oxytetracyline every 12 hours.

Hey, i am on Oxytetracycline at the moment - having been prescribed it over a month ago. I am currently taking a tablet twice a day (250 mg). So far i cannot say that it has been great. I still get spots now and then (one or two). My skin is still very oily which is quite annoying to be honest.

Once i finish my prescription i will ask the GP if either i can try something else or potentially up the dosage.

Overall i haven't noticed much difference while being on it. Just remember to take on an empty stomach or one hour before food. Also, it is probably better to consume oxytetracyline every 12 hours.

yeah the pills do absouloutley nothing for oily skin thats a pain in the arse it self, i was given du-ac to work alongside tetracycline, again that seemed to work ok the combination worked quite well, the thing im finding with antibiotics is they work for approx 3 months then they seem to give up and everything starts coming back i switched to doxycycline atfer 3 months on tetracycline and they worked, and after 3 months back to tetracycline again, and it worked again and ive just switched back to doxy again this week and am praying that they work, this just dosent feel like a long term fix jesus i hate acne!!!!!!!

I am taking 250mg tablets, 4 a day, so thats 2 in the morning and 2 at night. tbh am not expecting anything amazing. but i might aswell try something different than BP, which is the only thing i have taken to try and sort me face out. it worked in the beggining but now i just have spots. only time will tell i suppose!

I used this back in 2004 and it made very little difference to the terrible acne I had then. I also remember that it was a bit annoying that after you took it you had to wait an hour until you could eat. I get hungry easily!