Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne since the 8th grade now. But once i got into grade 10 it got worse, but i've always seemed to be able to deal with it until recently. At first i just started skipping school and avoiding hangout arrangements with friends but now i've quit school and pretty much become anti-social. I'm going back for an extra year in a focus program though so i should be fine. But i just can't continue going on like this. Whenever i go out in public (which is rarely) I feel like people are staring at my disgusting acne and my face starts to feel like it's on fire almost.

I get in arguments with my parents a lot too. And my mom constantly tells me how my face is fine but that's not true, it actually hurts more when people lie to me and try to say it's not as bad as it really is. My mom will somtimes get angry at me telling me i'm depressed and has even tried to get me on anti depressants once (which i refused) and also tried to make me see a therapist. No therapist will change ANYTHING. Words mean nothing. Words will not get rid of my acne. I have thought to myself for countless hours to myself and had plenty of time to find a solution but i never have, nor will i until this shit on my face is gone.

I can't even show my true self around friends because of how ugly i feel, I even feel like a lot of people don't like me just because of how gross my acne is. One time i remember i was at my friends house and his sister asked me what was on my face and why it was so gross and it made me so upset.

Sometimes I even think of self harm or suicide after being in a situation which made me feel ugly, i've never went through with it though because i know myself that it's wrong and won't achieve anything. The only times i feel happy are when i'm alone or watching a movie or something to look at someone elses happiness.

Ok, so as for what I've tried to cure my acne is pretty much everything a doctor can give you. I have to wait 6 more months to get to the dermatologist to get accutane. Accutane is like the one thing i have yet to try. I have also considered microdermabrasion (if anyone know's anything about this please let me know).

Right now i'm trying murad and i was scared to use it at first, because of all the bad reviews, but it doesnt irratate my skin as much as some things do.

uhg... I'm not sure what I'm trying to achieve by posting this or even what answers I'm looking for but I kinda feel happy to get this off my chest.

Also my acne is not as bad as some cases i have seen... but in person, all my life i have only noticed 2 people with worse acne then me.

You are not alone in this world, I also suffered from acne in 8th grade and it was a bad bad BAD one! Did I mention, it was a bad acne?! I didn't know what to do, I was just like you too, I would avoid school when I can, work in class alone, not trying to talk to new people, or even being satisfied watching a movie alone. It's really tough I gotta agree, but you won't suffer forever.

As I began using Proactiv in 9th grade, it helped me to the point where I have little to none! (I'm a junior in high school now btw and it stopped at the end of my sophomore year). I wonder why no one recommends Proactiv on this forum but if you were to use it, I'd recommend one use per day because if it doesn't work, you can always get your money back from it but I really do recommend Proactiv!

It's a good thing you got this situation off your chest, that's what this forum is for :)

You are not alone in this world, I also suffered from acne in 8th grade and it was a bad bad BAD one! Did I mention, it was a bad acne?! I didn't know what to do, I was just like you too, I would avoid school when I can, work in class alone, not trying to talk to new people, or even being satisfied watching a movie alone. It's really tough I gotta agree, but you won't suffer forever.

As I began using Proactiv in 9th grade, it helped me to the point where I have little to none! (I'm a junior in high school now btw and it stopped at the end of my sophomore year). I wonder why no one recommends Proactiv on this forum but if you were to use it, I'd recommend one use per day because if it doesn't work, you can always get your money back from it but I really do recommend Proactiv!

It's a good thing you got this situation off your chest, that's what this forum is for :)

I tried proactiv...

Did you not see the part where i said I've tried everything?

It made my skin WORSE! -_-

sorry I'm just trying to help..

yeah proactive is crap..

You're not alone, acne has caused me to avoid alot of social situations too.. All you can do is keep your head up until you get accutane I guess. If nothing has worked yet, I'm sure things will get better after that.

and OMG I hateee when people are like "oh its not that bad" when really it's horrible, drives me insanee, like I am aware of whats on my face dont lie to me..!

I have had acne since the 8th grade now. But once i got into grade 10 it got worse, but i've always seemed to be able to deal with it until recently. At first i just started skipping school and avoiding hangout arrangements with friends but now i've quit school and pretty much become anti-social. I'm going back for an extra year in a focus program though so i should be fine. But i just can't continue going on like this. Whenever i go out in public (which is rarely) I feel like people are staring at my disgusting acne and my face starts to feel like it's on fire almost.

I get in arguments with my parents a lot too. And my mom constantly tells me how my face is fine but that's not true, it actually hurts more when people lie to me and try to say it's not as bad as it really is. My mom will somtimes get angry at me telling me i'm depressed and has even tried to get me on anti depressants once (which i refused) and also tried to make me see a therapist. No therapist will change ANYTHING. Words mean nothing. Words will not get rid of my acne. I have thought to myself for countless hours to myself and had plenty of time to find a solution but i never have, nor will i until this shit on my face is gone.

I can't even show my true self around friends because of how ugly i feel, I even feel like a lot of people don't like me just because of how gross my acne is. One time i remember i was at my friends house and his sister asked me what was on my face and why it was so gross and it made me so upset.

Sometimes I even think of self harm or suicide after being in a situation which made me feel ugly, i've never went through with it though because i know myself that it's wrong and won't achieve anything. The only times i feel happy are when i'm alone or watching a movie or something to look at someone elses happiness.

Ok, so as for what I've tried to cure my acne is pretty much everything a doctor can give you. I have to wait 6 more months to get to the dermatologist to get accutane. Accutane is like the one thing i have yet to try. I have also considered microdermabrasion (if anyone know's anything about this please let me know).

Right now i'm trying murad and i was scared to use it at first, because of all the bad reviews, but it doesnt irratate my skin as much as some things do.

uhg... I'm not sure what I'm trying to achieve by posting this or even what answers I'm looking for but I kinda feel happy to get this off my chest.

I totally understand how you feel. But try not to get depressed over this...it will just make your acne get worse. Trust me, Im a girl and I have acne on my face, neck and even chest. So u cant get any worse than that! Cant even wear normal clothes for jesus sake! Anyway! Look I've tried everything too and there is no miracle. 2 weeks ago I've decided I've had enough of this crap ruining my life (c'mon im 23 now!! been 10yrs!!!). I'm on my 4th month of accutane (second time i take it, first time worked amazinggggggggg, now it sucks!)

This is my advice to you:

Wash ur face with cetaphil

Make a paste with baking soda (not baking powder!) and exfoliate ur skin with it

mix water and organic non filtred and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar and apply as toner

wait 10 minutes

rinse face

put some moisturizer that has AHA and NEVER EVER go out without sunscreen or u will regret it when u see all the marks left on ur face

for night: i dont know if u already have a cream to put. if not and u dont wanna wait 6 months for a dermatologist appointment then go to a clinic and ask the doctor there to give u Benzaclin (tell him ur prescription is out and u want it cause it worked great - i always do that when the derm takes for ever to give me an appt!)

Also, take supplements: omega 3-6-9, bcomplex, vitamin c

diet matters: so try eating a lot of veggies and fruit and drink lots and lots of water (put in the water a bit of apple cider vinegar it helps clean away acne)

If u have some $ aside and u can splurge go to sephora and buy Tanda blue and red lights. I've been using them for 3 days and I must say I already see a bit of change. If u have no money to spend on that well: buy one, keep the boxes and the invoice, use it for 5 weeks and return it and u will get ur money back, go to another sephora and do the same. Sorry sephora but life is hard for acne ppl :hand:

U wanna get an appnt to the derm ASAP: HARASS THE SECRETARIES !! I did that for 1 week and I got an appnt 3 days after! So u call them and u r the nicest person alive, when they tell u they have no appointment, u need to have a meltdown on the phone and say how ur life depends on it!!

U need to fight for what u want! Dont let anyone tell you that u cant get rid of acne. Some ppl are able to kick cancer away, you can kick this fkn acne out of ur life and be able to enjoy your real self! Dont forget, u r not alone in this. Look at this website. We are thousands of ppl that suffer just like u. So chin up my friend!!

Hey there. I was in the same boat as you concerning avoiding social situations and getting angry when people would not understand what it felt like to have acne. I had an outlook very much like yours. When I had more serious acne, expecially in the last 6 months, or so, I became very negative. I had ceased talking to people, and my family noticed that I only live at the house, and that I don't act as part of the family. My parents became concerned, and they took me to counselors and such and put me on antidipressant drugs. I told them the same things that you did, that no amount of talking was going to cure me of my acne, which I believed was the source of my unhappiness.

I had previously taken antibiotics, and I tried many regimens, including Murad, which you said you were on right now. (I hated Murad more than any other product I ever tried on my face. They say that you have to wait about 4 weeks for results, but it made my acne worse than it's ever been, and I used it for 10 weeks. My advice, don't use Murad, waste of money) I took vitamins and took better care of my skin than any other person I ever met. So one day, I decided to gather every acne product I ever used, and put them in a bag. this included wipes, lotions, benzoyl Peroxide, salycilic acid, Murad, Proactive, vitamins, fish oil, clindamycin, the containers for my antibiotics, and almost every scrub or wash I ever used. This was bag was full. I placed it outside my parents' door, and thankfully, they got the message.

My point is, there's a point that you get to, where you're done messing around, and that's where I was, and where I believe you are now. Go for Accutane. Be persistant, it'll be one of the best decisions you ever make. When I went on Accutane, I basically didn't get any new acne after day 10, and my skin cleared incredibly in a quick amount of time. My parents didn't want me to get it right away, because one of the side effects supposedly is increased depression. Well, I'm here to say that I've been happier with my skin in the last month or so than I have in a long while, and this increases my confidence and happiness on almost every aspect of life.

My advice to you: Hold out a little longer until you can go to the dermatologist, and get the accutane as soon as possible

My parents didn't want me to get it right away, because one of the side effects supposedly is increased depression.

this is true though, i know some ppl that took accutane and most of them got into depressions. mine stayed for 6 months. there is nothing worse than depression. not even acne i swear. so please be careful with the side effects. my skin was amazing after 3 months of accutane and ive never been happier but a week after my last pill, i was so down into depression i couldnt even get up from bed. Be careful and take some omega (thats what i do now for my 2nd run of accutane - been 2 yrs i went off of my 1st). good luck

oh ya forgot : stop dairy! seriously it reaaaaaaaally helps! And if u really like milk and stuff, just think about ur skin and u will stop craving it altogether!

Yea, 6 months of waiting is TOO long. Just call them everyday for any cancellations or openings. Last time I called my doctor, they told me I had to wait 5 months and I was not fine with that. After calling them several times, they told me there was a cancellation the next day! I am sure there are people like me everyday calling for any openings so you should definitely get started.

If acne is affecting you mentally and causes you to lose concentration, maybe it's time you used Accutane. Most people are satisfied with the result.

Recently, I have tried a lemon juice diet that seemed to work. I learned it by reading a dietary book at B&N. Let me know if you are interested and I'll give you the details.