Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im only 18 :(

ANd im not sure . My hairs not long at all, and i barely use gel.

Lately when i shower i see hairs on my hands. Its not ALOTTT, but i dont think it was like that before, and im just worried.

Also, alot of times when i try to pull hair off of my head ( even though i dont pull very hard), i still see a hair sometimes two in my hand. This doesnt happen all the time, but it still does.

This normal?? Can i do something to improve??

Maybe not use shampoo everyday? ANYTHING i could do?

Thanks in adv everybody

It's normal for 100+ hairs to fall out a day (if memory serves me correctly) and we don't see most of them. Then again, it's not uncommon at all for men to lose hair =/ not to scare you. I really wouldn't worry about it though, it could be that you're just becoming more aware of normal hair loss that everyone experiences and you're pretty young

It's normal for 100+ hairs to fall out a day (if memory serves me correctly) and we don't see most of them. Then again, it's not uncommon at all for men to lose hair =/ not to scare you. I really wouldn't worry about it though, it could be that you're just becoming more aware of normal hair loss that everyone experiences and you're pretty young

Maybe it is that im becoming more aware, true that.

Is there anything i can do to improve it though? I use the shampoo "clear"?

Maybe i could change to another shampoo? or Not shampoo my hair everyday?

hmm

And thanks for the help :)

I'm not sure about shampoos but changing your diet could probably help. This is a complete guess, but since hair is protein, I imagine eating protein would help. Like, salmon, yogurt, chicken, some red meat. Also, getting as many vitamins and minerals in your diet as you can couldn't hurt, so lots of fruits and veggies =]

I don't know if shampoo would effect it but you really aren't supposed to wash your hair every day.

Alrite thanks everybody

Im going to start washing my hair every other day

Diets not bad at all, so i dont think that would be the issue.

I hope its just all in my head.

Also , i'll switch to head and shoulders. I get a bit of dandruff otherwise

Head and shoulders is said to be a mild / good shampoo i've read. So yeah

I doubt it. If you're worried about it then stop using shampoo, limit brushing/straightening/touching etc. Sodium lauryl sulfate (and it's many other disguise names) breaks, damages and ya, causes hair to fall out. Your hair will be greasy for a couple of weeks but it soon goes back to how it's supposed to be. Just wash with conditioner.