Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steve.weiss

Clean and Clear question

Hey, so I'm planning on ordering some of the 2.5% BP from the site, but until I can do that I've been using Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with 5% BP. The problem is, the instructions on the bottle say to rinse it off after 30 seconds. I've been following the regimen instead, and it hasn't given me a rash or anything abnormal, but it's difficult to rub into the skin, and it never really dries out which makes it difficult to moisturize, and uncomfortable to sleep with. Also I can't leave it on during the day. Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? Should I be rinsing it off?

It's usually best to follow instructions. Why not get yourself a tube of Neutrogena On The Spot? That's 2.5% BP, and it's meant to be left on.

i used to use this as a cleanser. for me, it was too harsh. it made my skin red and burned a lot of the times when i'd wash with it. i've never reacted good to cleansers with acne medication, tho. i think getting a 5% gel in the meantime while you're waiting, since cleansers aren't meant to stay on the skin.

Never leave cleanser on your skin! It can irritate it and make acne problems worse. Get to the drugstore and get some kind of BP cream. Neutrogena on-the-spot is good but has a lot of thickening agents in it that could possibly clog pores. Zapzyt cream is very highly recommended but the best is Stridex Power Pads (wipes containing 2.5% BP). They are sometimes hard to find but you can find sellers on their website. I got mine at Hyvee, they're not sold at Walgreens.

OMG What is it with these people leaving cleansers on their faces?!!! It's a cleanser!

If it says wash it off in 30 seconds, WASH IT OFF IN 30 SECONDS!!