Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NEGATIVE CREEP

Would Tretinoin Cream or hydrocortisone acetate help with shallow indents?

hey i was lookin through my parents medicine cabinet and i found these 2 things which im guessing are "copper peptides"...ive never used stuff like this but i think ive seen these names thrown around on here so my question is can they help fix my shallow indents? i have a shallow indent on the side of my nose and by my eye i have line-like scars and another shallow indent...i think this stuff is for wrinkles so maybe it will help with the line scars....i was thinking of using one of these after i self needle....any input on which i should, if any?

one is tretinoin Cream 0.025%....the other is pramosone hydrocortisone acetate 2.5%, pramoxine Hcl 1%

bump...need input please...i was thinking of needling then putting tretinoin cream on every night afterwords...would this be a good idea? i also got cocoa butter scar serum, would this be a better to use after needling than tretinoin?

bump...need input please...i was thinking of needling then putting tretinoin cream on every night afterwords...would this be a good idea? i also got cocoa butter scar serum, would this be a better to use after needling than tretinoin?

Really dude, have you done any research on this board? Needling IS the hot topic here. There are several post on how needling coupled with Vitamin A (Tretinoin) and Vitamin C creams will help with collagen production, which will improve the appearance of your scars.

Just do a search, all the information is here.

ya a simple answer would have sufficed...ive been researching needling on this site for months...i looked for info on tretinoin and didnt find much

In my experience, the benefits of Tretinoin are phenomenal when combined with other procedures like a peel or needling.

In my experience, the benefits of Tretinoin are phenomenal when combined with other procedures like a peel or needling.

thanks for the reply...did u put the tretinoin on the needled area right after needling or did you let the area scab, and start putting it on after the scab comes off?

I didn't needle, I did TCA peels. I applied Tretinoin before I did the peel, and 24 hours afterwards.

I didn't needle, I did TCA peels. I applied Tretinoin before I did the peel, and 24 hours afterwards.

My derm gave it to me retin-a micro and she said it will help my shallow light pockmarks and improve the texture of my skin. Im too afraid to try it still so I cant say whether it has or not

Hi there,

I have had my scars for about 13 years. They have improved quite a bit over that time without any treatment of any kind except for about five chicken pox scars that are very promiant. I do still have some small scarring all over but they are not (well until recently) were not that visible.

I went to a specialits to ask about what I could do about fixing the scars, he said there were various methods but referred me to someone that he ragarded highly and in the process gave me Retention. An isotretinoin cream.

After two weeks of use my scars became more prominant and I know they look worse than they have in years. I dont think some of these doctors know what the hell the are doing. They just take the word of the companies and tell you go for it!

My advice. DONT DO IT! In the first week you think they are improving slightly then the second week you will notice certain scars deepening. Overall its a bad result for me. I wish I never went to that prick. But on the positive. I know my skin recovers and come back to a what it was as I had a similar reaction once before.

Hi there,

I have had my scars for about 13 years. They have improved quite a bit over that time without any treatment of any kind except for about five chicken pox scars that are very promiant. I do still have some small scarring all over but they are not (well until recently) were not that visible.

I went to a specialits to ask about what I could do about fixing the scars, he said there were various methods but referred me to someone that he ragarded highly and in the process gave me Retention. An isotretinoin cream.

After two weeks of use my scars became more prominant and I know they look worse than they have in years. I dont think some of these doctors know what the hell the are doing. They just take the word of the companies and tell you go for it!

My advice. DONT DO IT! In the first week you think they are improving slightly then the second week you will notice certain scars deepening. Overall its a bad result for me. I wish I never went to that prick. But on the positive. I know my skin recovers and come back to a what it was as I had a similar reaction once before.

What you are experiencing is normal but transient. Retinoids will make your scars look worse initially because it sheds many layers of your epidermis. For me, this period only lasted 3-4 weeks, afterwards my scars softened again and my skin texture began to improve. Retinoids do help a lot, but the first few weeks can be tough (redness, dry skin, worsening of scars).

you do know hydrocortisone thins the skin especially the face.

its a well known medical fact.

im not using hydrocortisone, i have been using the tretinoin cream and it really helped one indent on the nose but doesnt seem to be helping any of the other indents or scarred pores

im not using hydrocortisone, i have been using the tretinoin cream and it really helped one indent on the nose but doesnt seem to be helping any of the other indents or scarred pores

How long have you been using tretinoin?

HAS ANYONE USED TRETINOIN CREAM, RETIN A GEL OR CREAM, OR RET IN A MICRO, OR TAZORAC or RENOVA over a LONG Period of time?

This is a serious issue and people should get to the bottom of this to know whether it actually helps. I have been on tazorac for about 7 months now and am not sure what to think.

hydrocortisone + pramoxine will not do anything for scars. Hydrocortisone is an anti-inflammatory/itching agent and pramoxine is a topical pain releiver - makes the combination cream great for anal itching! As someone mentioned early hydrocortisone can "thin the skin" with prolonged use.

Tretinoin and reitnoids speed up the cycle/turnover of skin cells. The theory is this rapid turnover will in a sense make scars fade faster ...so they may soften them a bit ...however it's impossible to say by how much and how fast