Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unkn0wnmale

I dont know what to do =[

Ive had 3 TCA cross treatments and im not seeing ANY improvement and some scars are getting worse :(

I asked the doctor and they said i would need 6 treatments.. why the hell would i need 6 treatments? my scars arent bad.. they are getting worse.

He also told me not to put anything on my scars except vasoline... he didnt even recommend vitamins or anything..

can you guys PLEASE tell me what i should do?

heres 2 pictures of my scars before... ill take some afters later.

What should i tell him? what procedure is best for me?

should i do something myself or have him do it?

:(

post-38542-1242612147_thumb.jpg

post-38542-1242612153_thumb.jpg

post-38542-1242612147_thumb.jpg

post-38542-1242612153_thumb.jpg

Your photos are fairly blurry, it's hard to objectively say whether you are worse now. You are definitely redder but I can't really tell if they're deeper.

Now while I use TCA Cross myself I don't believe there is a magic number of treatments nor do I believe it will ever completely perfectly fill in your scars. Now in my experience from October some of my scarring (similar to yours) has improved. Your mileage may vary, if you aren't sure cross is right for you go cold turkey for 2-3 months and see how it looks then.

No pills, just healthy living and I my crosses a hour after a shower to make sure my skin was clean. Imo it's a fairly gradual effect from a month after your last cross (Not that it'll necessarily improve for everyone)

does anyone else have any tips?

or is this site full of lurkers?

Ive made a similar thread before.. no help

i need to know what i should be doing? should i take lots of vitamin c? will that really help me? please explain

you do them yourself? do yuo have before/after pictures?

what do you think about the link i posted?

I have no idea about the TCA cross method. I thought about sending an email to that girl in the pics once but she hasn't been here since 2006 I think?

For depressed scars, I know firsthand that dermarolling works pretty well. So far I've rolled a few times and my scars have been filling in.

You should do a search for the "Okay guys" thread and check out the info on dermarollers if you don't have any more success with the TCA. Good luck!

does anyone else have any tips?

or is this site full of lurkers?

Ive made a similar thread before.. no help

i need to know what i should be doing? should i take lots of vitamin c? will that really help me? please explain

I don't have any photos to share. I appreciate what you're trying to ask but in my humble opinion there's no magic thing you're missing. It's all about whether you react well to it or, what the scar tissue in your scar is like. My scars have definitely soften and risen, but it fills with scar tissue which softens after each once.

I have no idea whether they will completely fill in but I doubt it and for now I will continue to cross the ones I feel are worth the risk and perhaps get fraxel a couple of years down the line.