Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had 3 cigarettes left, and I crushed them. The main reason for quitting is because I swear it makes my acne worse. If I had clear skin, I'd probably continue :whistle:. But never the less, I'm done!

Anyone else quit ever? I'm going cold turkey.

Smoking burns vitamin C I think, so I'm sure that would worsen your acne Lol. I THINK.

But good on ya. No need, you get no benefits from them.

Well, maybe 'looking' cool... (Wink)

Nice decision. Smoking doesn't really have a purpose. Cold turkey is the best way.

I quit a few weeks ago, I don't get out of breath anymore, improved libido and less spots, i don't even crave it anymore. So glad i quit. I went cold turkey aswell.

So its been about 48 hours since I quit and it sucks. I'm breaking out MORE..just makes me want to go smoke because of the stress.

So its been about 48 hours since I quit and it sucks. I'm breaking out MORE..just makes me want to go smoke because of the stress.

Keep your chin up. From what I hear, the first week's the hardest. ; )

i wouldnt say smoking is bad for acne, in my opinion thats a myth just like eating chocolate..

but its a fact that its bad for the skin condition, so stopping is propably a good desicion, so congrats!!

i hope you can keep it up, i cant :P (it takes away so much stress, i know it sounds sad, but its true)

i wouldnt say smoking is bad for acne, in my opinion thats a myth just like eating chocolate..

but its a fact that its bad for the skin condition, so stopping is propably a good desicion, so congrats!!

i hope you can keep it up, i cant :P (it takes away so much stress, i know it sounds sad, but its true)

Smoke clogs pores, so I'm not too sure it's a myth.

I just love my Marlboro Smooths its hard to give up. XD

mwah, might be true, but thats when the smoke actually gets in contact with the skin, and still i dont really believe it.

maybe its true, but i know it isnt in my case, knowing my acne is clearly caused by sebum

Actually, cigarettes usually also have ammonia in them which could VERY easily irritate the skin just like household cleaning products would. (:

Quitting smoking is REALLY tough, so good luck, but it definitely will be better in the end, at least for your health. And your body is probably purging currently, hence the break out. Be patient! (:

This may be bad advice...but really nice cigars usually have no chemicals so they are pure tobacco wrapped in tobacco and they taste better, are more expensive, and you can't smoke as many at a time anyhow. So you'd smoke them IMMENSELY less often and you'd still get the fix in every few weeks. I personally smoke about once every two or three months.

Just sayin'.

i just put down the habbit too. i wasn't that big of a smoker anyway, maybe 1 cigarrete a day or every two or three days. but i started feeling the crave for it, and thats when i knew i had to quit. so cold turkey too.

Congrats. I quit 6 mos. ago and getting clearer skin was one of the motivating factors in my decision as well. Unfortunately, quitting has not had an effect on my acne whatsoever, but I can breathe now!!