Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MarifreakinA

Caffeine causing break outs?

Guest MarifreakinA

Even though it's only 35mg of caffeine, I still feel that I'm breaking out because of it. I come home everyday and drink green tea, but what I didn't realize is that is has caffeine in it until yesterday. I don't drink coffee and coffee was the main reason for my break outs a while ago, so I stopped with that, but I can't believe that only 35mg is breaking me out like this, it's horrible.

Does anyone else break out when drinking caffeine also?

I cut coffee out and saw a MAJOR difference. But just coffee, not other caffiene related products. Such as tea. I love tea. I could never give up the aul cuppa tae.

Coffee just really didnt agree with my skin I found

I'm starting to realize there might be certain drinks and foods that contribute to breakouts, so maybe quite for a week or so and see if things improve. That's when you might start to believe caffeine does indeed contribute to breakouts.

Longgggg story short caffeine is most definitely a factor in my breakouts. My skin is 100 percent clear when I don't drink coffee. Be I love drinking coffee...but when I do I will get a few pimples...either on my face or my scalp. It could be a combination of caffeine/working out...sweating? But caffeine influences acne in a bad way. If you have problems with your skin try cutting caffeine! I battled with my skin for so long and this is the #1 thing. When I drink no coffee I am crystal clear....I drank a cup today and got a few pimples and I just had to get on here and share my experience. Caffeine affects acne...bottom line. If you are acne prone that is!

Hmm something for me to experiment with since I drink about 10 cups a day :/

10 cups of green tea?

I drank green tea for a year to help improve my skin, and it did. I drank several cups a day because you need to drink a lot to get any benefit. That was one of my clearest years, but who knows if the tea was the reason.

Here are some reviews: http://www.acne.org/green-tea-reviews-207/

I don't know, acne's a mystery. You need to find your individual triggers and aids. It's insane how much it varies from person to person. Caffeine is known to cause acne in some, so play around with it. Cut it out of your diet and see if anything happens. I would be surprised if 35mg green tea consumption is your cause though.

Like anything, it varies from person to person. For most people, green tea helps (it is an anti-inflammatory) or has no effect on acne.

For me, green tea makes my acne worse. I don't know if it's because of the caffeine, or the fact that green tea has been shown to increase DHT (a testosterone hormone hormone that some people with acne are sensitive to). In any case, I avoid it.

Try giving it up for a few weeks and see what happens.