Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chirish

Working out and acne

Does anyone know if Working out worsens acne? What types of exercise, if any, should I avoid or engage in more?

I work out and it never worsened my acne. Working out has many benefits. For example, it strengthens your bones. It can help reduce feelings of anxiety and depression. It strenghtens your hearts and lungs. Etc

so, don't worry, go out and work out. There's nothing bad about it

Working out is very beneficial. Sweat cleanses the pores, and the increased circulation brings nutrients to your skin. Remember, anything that is good for your body is good for your skin.

I like to do some Yoga to start, then some harder exercise. If it's nice out, I'll take a bike ride. If it's not, I'll run up and down the stairs several times, lift some weights (10 lbs) and do some crunches. :)

Does anyone know if Working out worsens acne? What types of exercise, if any, should I avoid or engage in more?

I used to work out every day and seriously s.w.e.a.t. when my acne was at its worst, then wash my face with cold water out of the gym tap if i could be bothered, didn't notice a difference on the days when i did/didn't. But my skin improved way faster when I was exercising.

I have mixed results. but i dont excersize I weight lift. before with no supplyments I felt like it had no affect on my acne. However when I started taking creatine and Protein shakes I noticed an increase in Acne.

I have mixed results. but i dont excersize I weight lift. before with no supplyments I felt like it had no affect on my acne. However when I started taking creatine and Protein shakes I noticed an increase in Acne.

Protein shakes WILL increase acne especially if you get acne because of dairy (whey, casein, milk derivatives).

for me light workouts don't break me out

but if i lift heavy weights or i do some extreme exercising, then i usually break out the next day.