Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Strelok

What else can life offer (pics) *title edit*

Lets begin with the positiv... I beat ace and well, thats about it!

It came very fast, the doc gave me Roaccutan and it went away pretty fast ~6month.

Lets begin with my early life.

I was a pretty fat boy, played alot video games and enjoyed my life - i wasnt depressed or anything, it was cool. The bad part of being fat is you dont have confidence, and well - for a stutterer ( yes, acne - stutter - scars ) confidence is a big factor.

I decided to lose some weight, did it and with 15/16 years i managed to get rid of ~38kg (~84lb)

After that i had a great time, lot of girls started to like me and so on.. well and then the little devil acne decided to ruin everything.

Like i allready said, my active acne wasnt longer (if i remember right) then 1/2 - 1 year.

At this time, i didnt even lknow there is something against acne, cuz i saw alot of people with acne / pimpels, and i thought "if there would excist soemthing against it, nobody would have this problem anymore" - so i tried alot of bullshit from clearasil etc, until a friend went to a doc, then my mom told me the friend got something against acne/pimples, so i got there and he gave me Roaccutan.

I took it about 1 year, after this period i really didnt get any acne anymore ( iam 20 now, so about 3 years ago)

what acne left were scars.. first i thought there would be a solution, but i ofund out pretty fast there isnt.. was a hard time in my life

after few month i discovered needling on the internet and tried it on 1 acne scar and on 1 other little tiny scar i dont care about, it helped.. at least i think it did (long process of waiting.. and so on), but iam still really tired of it and ... iam just tired...

so here i am, stuttering, acne scars, gained weight again, what a perspective... i became a very depressed person, sad, sad, sad.

(english is not my mother language)

I see nothing you jerk! Some of us have real scars.....My face looks mutated and I would kill to have what you have. And gaining weight? Atleast you can control that, unlike acne.

"End it?" Are you suicidal? If so, you obviously shouldn't kill yourself over your troubles.

The stuttering: It could be worse--you could be deaf and mute. As long as you are intelligent and can communicate with people, so what if you stammer from time to time? Plus, there are techniques and therapies available to help you cope with that.

The weight gain: You previously lost 84 lbs! That is no easy feat (ask all the fatties walking around out there). Losing weight takes a lot of effort, perseverance, and self-efficacy. You did it once before. You can do it again if you want to. Weight gain is not a permanent thing where when you're fat you're fat forever.

The acne scars: They suck, I know. But from the pictures you posted, your scarring seems minor. A lot of people have much, much worse. You are LUCKY compared to them. Plus, there are scar revision procedures out there. They won't make them all go away completely, but I think the scarring is something you will just have to accept as a part of what makes you... you. And at least your active acne has stopped and you no longer have to deal with cysts and pustules like a lot of us still do.

At least you're not Jacqui, the woman who became totally disfigured in a car accident. Or what about Connie, the woman who was shot in the face with a shotgun and recently underwent a face transplant? These women have it so much worse than you, and yet they press on with life.

So should you.

*moderator edit*

You don't know how much others have it worse than you. Be greatful.

post-95071-1242418223_thumb.jpg

post-95071-1242418223_thumb.jpg

Then again, although there are people a lot worse off, there are people a lot better off as well. And it can be hard for someone to come to terms with the reality that their face, their body, or whatever could be better than what it is.

But yeah. Ditch the suicidal ideation. :P

Your skin looks really nice, don't worry about it. Insecurities seem to look much worse from your own point of view. :)

really, you guys have no clue what a life with stuttering, none confidence and acne scarring is... be glad you only got one of it

It sounds like you'd benefit from therapy. What I can see of your facial structure: it is attractive; nice bones. :D

I don't see scars. None. Perhaps you do, perhaps you should really consider therapy. All these people here (including some rude posts that were made invisible due to their outraged verbiage) don't see a thing; doesn't that tell you something might possibly be inaccurate with your perception of yourself? (You will say no, I already know that but it should give you pause for thought.)

To OP and others: Everyone has troubles; it is not at all fair to say that yours are worse than anyone else's. You do not know what someone else is experiencing day to day in personal or work or emotional life.

And by the way, absolutely no discussion of suicide on this board. Any further such discourse will cause topic closure.

really, you guys have no clue what a life with stuttering, none confidence and acne scarring is... be glad you only got one of it

Dude, I've suffered from premature ejaculation (which is extremely fucking EMBARRASSING, much more than a stutter imho), bacne, leg acne, and eczema all the while suffering pretty severe-moderate acne at the same time.

Heres the thing, *Moderator edit, read the board rules. *..when you are insecure about one thing, you tend to stack up other insecurities and your mind tends to get very negative and you're like 'what the fuck good am I, not only do I ahve acne I have this and this and this). Heres the thing man, I no longer suffer from premature ejactulation (in fact I am able to have multiple orgasms everytime I have sex...and yes, I AM a male, and it IS possible), or eczema (holistic lifestyle cleared it up) and all that shit but I still have acne. It sucks, but I don't complain because I am making a very hard effort to clear myself up. My bacne is completely gone, and my leg acne is clearing up. My face is as well.

I am happy right now. I'm not happy with having acne, but I'm happy confident in the fact that it will be gone eventually. Your acne scars are not bad at all, people really probably won't notice them.

Also, its about accepting yourself. Think of it like this, have you ever had a friend with severe acne? Or some kind of condition? I have, and did I think of them as weird? No. Maybe a stranger might look at you and criticize you in their mind (I know they do to me..), but the people who MATTER, your friends and family, have accepted you for who you are. Your minute scarring is not going to make them say 'this guy is a freak' or anything. I'm sure you're well off man, you just have to learn to be happy with yourself and accept your insecurities. If I didn't have a girlfriend I was trying my utmost to please, I wouldn't care about acne. I would eat what I wanted when I wanted, deep fried and all =).

Scarring heals after a while too man, so don't worry.

Also, you ahve to learn to focus on what you're good at.

For example, I take pride in my music abilities, as well as other strange hobbies, from cooking (I have a unique knack for it I've found..now its a main hobby of mine) to growing lots of different plants to my appreciation of life. I think that I'm a very apt individual who has a lot figured out (maybe I'm wrong but atm I dont think so). I have a perfect girlfriend and I have sex on a regular basis (I enjoy that...), I'm very healthy and I get to *Moderator edit, read the board rules. *

you should find things you're good at or things you enjoy doing, and focus on those. Whatever it may be, video games, music, taking a hike or exercise or whatever it may be man. If you don't have a lot of things you like to do, then find some! Don't sit around and mope over acne man, get out there and do something fun. Go fucking sky diving and see if you think about acne while falling from like a mile high lol.

your pictures do not show barely anything, I am being honest. there comes a time where you have to see your face for what it is, seems like you are trapped like a ghost in the past, you gotta realise that its just your insecurity seeing stuff that ain't there. i am being honest. Go speak to your doctor and tell him your worries, seems even if the scars went you'd still be insecure...

hope you realise this and don't let life slip you by

*moderator edit*

this guy makin me feel like shiat!! wow wowowowowowowowwowowowow

Edited by Wynne
removed sexist language

thanks for the replies.

but its just a dead circle.

i wanted to call arround and ask doctors what scar treatments they have and how expensive they were, but well, i just cant, great.

one example of my life.

i still understand what you guys try to tell me... but as always

its easy to tell somebody not to care.. until they go through the same.

@FoxKid, i didnt ment to, sorry.

No one is telling you not to care. You're being told to get therapy. BIG difference.

your pictures do not show barely anything, I am being honest. there comes a time where you have to see your face for what it is, seems like you are trapped like a ghost in the past, you gotta realise that its just your insecurity seeing stuff that ain't there. i am being honest. Go speak to your doctor and tell him your worries, seems even if the scars went you'd still be insecure...

hope you realise this and don't let life slip you by

Said it all.

the scar on the right side, in the wrong light looks terrible, trust me..

but i see this scar only since i gained weight, so i figured out if i lose some weight, the scar will get under the cheekbone / cheekbone shadow again cuz i have quite big cheekbones when iam thin..

I know pictures can lie, but really, I dont see ANYTHING.

As for stuttering, if Bill Walton can get his bad stuttering under control maybe you can too! It's kind of funny, the guy is a TV broadcaster now and he was a really bad stutterer. That's sort of like having bad acne and acne scars and then going on to a career as a model.

If I were you my priorities would be on the stuttering, bc the skin looks good.