Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rocksman

Regimen Questions

Hey guys

I read the regimen steps. It says leave the benzoyl peroxide on...Im a bit scared this might burn or make my skin very red. The bottle says leave it on for 30 seconds before rinsing off...im using Gelderma's benzoyl peroxide (Benzac) 5%

Is anyone else using this product in the regimen? Or does anyone else know if i should not rinse it off anymore?Any Info would be great.

Thanks guys

Appretiate any help I can get!

The Regimen is designed to be done with a leave-on BP, not a BP wash. See if you can find a 2.5% BP at your local stores. (Some people can't, and opt to use a 5%, although those are more drying and irritating, and aren't any more effective than 2.5% BP.)

Neutrogena On The Spot is 2.5% BP, and Dan's BP (available through Dan's online store) is also 2.5% BP, and is available in a much larger size at a very reasonable price.

Thanks man, ill go down to the shops tomorro and look for a leave-on BP 2.5 %. Or alternatively i'll have to order from Dan, I live in South Africa so might not be so easy to get here. Thanks again man :)

Thanks man, ill go down to the shops tomorro and look for a leave-on BP 2.5 %. Or alternatively i'll have to order from Dan, I live in South Africa so might not be so easy to get here. Thanks again man :)

when i first started using bp .. i started with proactiv and i also felt uncomfortable with leaving bp on my face. i didn't want my clothes to dye. but once you get used to the regimen, it'll be just like second nature & you'll just adapt to being more careful about putting your clothes on and what comes into contact with the bp.

i've read some boards about diluting the bp with water to get it to a lower percentage if you can't find a 2.5%.