Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zrbx

Starlux 1540! Anyone did ?

Hi!

I'm thinking of doing Starlux 1540 Non-Ablative Laser..

My acne scarring is mild/moderate, I have skin type I and I'm not looking for perfect skin, just a better one. If this help me with pores and fines lines it will be good!

Maybe after treatment I will do Radiesse filler and it's done.

Anyone did this laser? Please share your experiences!!

thanks!!!!!

I'm also curious about this laser treatment. I went for a consult with a derm who offers this laser who claims its better than Fraxel.

Hopefully someone has had this treatment and can share their opinion.....

I had it done... its safer and better than fraxel....

what kind of scarring did you/ do you have? what percentage improvement did you achieve? did you break out after treatment?

I have box scars so it didnt really help THAT much but it did help... it works well on shallower scars I think... I did break out a little around the scars .... it depends how much scarring you got

I dont know if's better than fraxel, but it's very similar, and more cheap. so I'll give it a try :)

in realself dot com there's some posts about this laser.. is less popular than fraxel, but like fraxel, need 4-5 sessions to see good improvement.

zrbx, keep us posted if you get this laser treatment! i'd love to hear your reaction this specific laser.

i was told by my derm that i'd need 3 sessions of the starlux, 3 weeks apart. does this seem reasonable? i was told that most of my scarring was superficial but i know i've got some boxcars and rolling as well. i'm really on the fence about getting anything done at this point.. sighhhh

My major concern with doing laser procedure, even non abalative, it was the hyperpigmentation post treatment that COULD occur (in skins type I or II, less probably) and the post treatment breakout, some people having severe acne days after laser and some having just clogged pores.

Hyperpigmentation can be prevented using Alfa-Arbutin or similars.

This post treatment breakout is my major concern, but i remembered that after doing a TCA peel, 2 months ago, all my pores have clogged 1 week after.. so i think it will be similar with laser. And taking antibiotics, using retinoids, etc will help prevent it.

My acne is under control.. so in July I will do my first session. Sure will keep this thread updated.

My plan is to do 3 sessions, if everything goes fine in the first and second session.

I live in Brazil, fraxel here is 1300R$ and Starlux 500R$. So.. 1 session of fraxel is almost 3 of starlux 1540, which is very similar!

I'll keep you updated!