Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

All about facials!

Guest missyjean130

Okay,so I've never got a facial done..where do you get them done? Is it the same place where you get microderms and peels?

Do they use tools to extract blackheads and such?

Okay,so I've never got a facial done..where do you get them done? Is it the same place where you get microderms and peels?

I've had a dermalogica facial done jsut before christmas. Like a fool I has went and bought some of the dermalogica medi-bac stuff before seeing a skin therapist and it ruined my skin. It worked for the first week or so but in the second week my skin was literally falling off my face in little clumps so that's when I decided I had to go see somebody. You can get the facials done in any good beauty clinic. Mine cost 80euro but it was so so worth it. They used a range of dermalogica products on me..ultra claming cleanser, barrier repair amongst others and I left feeling SO much better. I had nearly gone in in tears because my face was that bad. I couldn't smile for fear of literally cracking my face in two. It was such a relief after.

I believe 'extraction' to be a fancy form of squeezing. They don't use tools at all and wear surgery gloves the whole time. Literally the extraction is just squeezing with gloves on but they've prepped the skin so that most of the dirt has come to the top so it's easier to get out. It was really gross having someone else squeeze my face but it's so worth it.

Guest missyjean130

I've had a dermalogica facial done jsut before christmas. Like a fool I has went and bought some of the dermalogica medi-bac stuff before seeing a skin therapist and it ruined my skin. It worked for the first week or so but in the second week my skin was literally falling off my face in little clumps so that's when I decided I had to go see somebody. You can get the facials done in any good beauty clinic. Mine cost 80euro but it was so so worth it. They used a range of dermalogica products on me..ultra claming cleanser, barrier repair amongst others and I left feeling SO much better. I had nearly gone in in tears because my face was that bad. I couldn't smile for fear of literally cracking my face in two. It was such a relief after.

I believe 'extraction' to be a fancy form of squeezing. They don't use tools at all and wear surgery gloves the whole time. Literally the extraction is just squeezing with gloves on but they've prepped the skin so that most of the dirt has come to the top so it's easier to get out. It was really gross having someone else squeeze my face but it's so worth it.

and the squeezing of the pores doesn't hurt your skin?