Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
packer

Accutane newb questions

So i started my accutane course of 40mg a day today and have a few questions. I have been taking 2 showers a day and was wondering if i should cut it down to one a day, also i use clean and clear deep action cream cleanser oil free twice a day and was wondering if i should keep using it or look for a new one. Also for moisturizer i have neutrogena oil-free fresh moisture or Eucerin sensitive skin extra protective moisture lotion with 30 spf, which would you recommend? I always used the neutrogena but haven't used it in months because my face hasn't been dry

thanks

You'll realize when/if you can no longer take 2 showers a day. If your skin isn't dry (which happens to some) then just keep doing what you're doing. Does the Clean and Clear have salycilic acid? If so it might irritate your skin later so picking up a bottle of Cetaphil or similar gentle face wash is a good idea. Both moisturizers are fine. The 30spf will come in handy if you develop photosensitivity. Best wishes to you on your course. :)

I noticed a few days in that I had to cut my showers down to one per day. Otherwise my face would become super flaky and my scalp would be really dry. I also agree with what siava said about using a gentle face wash like cetaphil.

As for the moisturizer, I would recommend using something with at least 30 spf since there's a good chance you'll become very sensitive to the sun.

Holy hell, if I was taking 2 showers a day while I was on accutane I would have been miserable. I sometimes would only shower once every 2 days so I wouldn't be so dry.

I agree about changing cleansers. I use Purpose. It is the best wash I've ever used. It's super gentle.

For moisturizer I use CeraVe (lately I've been adding some drops of jojoba oil) with SPF 15 or 30 afterwards.

As for the showering, it didn't take long for my oily hair/skin to dry up. I only wash my hair once every two days.

ya i have started to use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and i like it but my face is still pretty oily, so hopefully things start to dry up