Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoBeth

"Just a little dab...it's all you need"

Until I received my healing for acne, I maintained it for years by applying a small amount of the gel from an aloe barbadensis plant at the first sign of an outbreak. It works beautifully, keeping outbreaks at bay so NO MORE SCARRING!

Wal-Mart sells whole leaf aloe in their produce department. I don't know if it is aloe barbadensis or aloe vera, but my experience was with aloe barbadensis. It's on ProActiv's ingredient label, so be assured IT WORKS! It's just a whole lot cheaper and it doesn't ruin your clothes!

They are the same thing. Aloe Vera sooths all kinds of inflammation and irritations and is great as a base for mixing your concoctions. And it provides a protective barrier while things heal.

But I don't think it's going to help 'keep acne at bay' for anyone with anything but the most minor acne. You are lucky it does that much for you. I have found that it's very helpful with rosacea though. Just as good as the treatment I was prescribed.

It's on proactive's label because of its soothing ability. It's in all kinds of cosmetics and lotions that have nothing to do with acne.

Also, a lot of people drink it for digestive issues.

They are the same thing. Aloe Vera sooths all kinds of inflammation and irritations and is great as a base for mixing your concoctions. And it provides a protective barrier while things heal.

But I don't think it's going to help 'keep acne at bay' for anyone with anything but the most minor acne. You are lucky it does that much for you. I have found that it's very helpful with rosacea though. Just as good as the treatment I was prescribed.

It's on proactive's label because of its soothing ability. It's in all kinds of cosmetics and lotions that have nothing to do with acne.

Thanks for your reply to my post. It's nice to hear from someone who knows the benefits of this beautiful plant.

I've heard this more than once; that aloe vera and aloe barbadensis are the same. I'm not as sure of that fact as some are. When I purchased my aloe barbadensis plants over 14 years ago, I received a Fact Sheet with them. It said the aloe barbadensis plant is rare. Aloe vera is fairly common. It also said that you would know them by the yellow flowers only mature plants produce. My barbadensis plants have yellow flowers. The aloe vera plant has pink flowers. My sister said that aloe vera has a tendency to "clean out her system." Aloe barbadensis does not have that effect.

The fact sheet also said it has over 50 nutritional elements and that medical researchers have been studying the plant for colon conditions and even cancer.

I have an American Indian friend who told me she has maintained a bleeding ulcer for years with her aloe barbadensis plant. She said it keeps her out of the hospital. I personally have discovered that it makes bruises fade overnight. If applied immediately, it will remove stickers, thorns and other foreign objects. The gel oozes in and lifts it out. It's a wonderful pain reliever. When I had my teeth pulled for dentures, I went home that night and lined my new dentures with the aloe barbadensis gel. I had no pain and my dentist said I had a remarkable healing. I told him what I had done. He simply replied "hmmm". I use it for nausea and vomiting, heartburn and indigestion. I've used it on several scorpion and wasp stings. It takes the pain and starts the healing process. For deep cuts, though, I use Neosporin on the wound and put aloe gel around the outer surfaces. For the pain relief!

I didn't consider my acne a minor condition. I was blessed in the fact that it was confined to the right side of my face. Acne is cruel and hateful; leaving its victim both emotionally and physically scarred. When I received my healing, it was a Hallelujah moment for me! I've been acne free for over ten years now. There is a visible trace of scarring, but its nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

I too believe that aloe barbadensis is in ProActiv because of its soothing qualities. But because it is what healed my acne, I also believe it's what makes their product sellable.