Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zipzap112

What would the Oracles recommend?

Hey guys and girls.

I am new to this forum, but I would like to here your expert opinions on my situation.

First of all I am not good at classifying the different sorts of acne scaring, so can some of you please help me in this matter?

Here is my skin as it looks today:

my.php?image=p5140656.jpg

my.php?image=p5140651.jpg

my.php?image=p5140655.jpg

my.php?image=p5140649.jpg

Keep in mind that the source of light comes directly from above, and therefore enhances the "shadow"-effect. I am sorry, I don't have a better camera. It all seems a little blurry. If I should describe the texture and feeling of the skin, it feels almost as clean skin, almost no bumbs, moving your finger gently above the cheek, but if you look at my cheeks in the right lightning, it looks like WW1 took place directly on my skin.

For about 4 months ago I ended my accutane "cure", and I was actually quite pleased. I had been on it for about 4 months, and except a bit of dryness and fragile, irritated skin it all went pretty smooth. All my acne slowly retreated and about 2 months in I was acne free. After I've stopped taking it, there are still some acne left, but it is very minor.

But what now? As you can see by the pictures, I am left with a bit of scaring. Is it moderate or how would you define it?

I am to see a dermatologist again, but he seems very keen on putting me through a fractional laser treatment, but I would like to do some research and hear some fresh opinions before I make up my mind.

So what would you suggest, shall I get a laser treatment, a dermabrasion or something completely different.

Cheers...

post-83254-1242340836_thumb.jpg

post-83254-1242340923_thumb.jpg

post-83254-1242340836_thumb.jpg

post-83254-1242340923_thumb.jpg

the severity of acne scarring depends on the personal point of view.

i would say it's moderate.

your scars are rolling and some deeper ice picks.

look into subcision for the rolling and tca cross for the ice picks.

optionally you could add a "safe" laser treatment like the fraxel to improve the skin texture afterwards.

I would have to say moderate. You do have alot of scarring, however, your skin seems to be in good shape so that too me makes your scarring not look so bad.

Hey bro you look so cute and quite good looking. Yeah you should try subcision i've some scars like you had subcision results were okay. I dont know much about Cross but would like to have it done. Can anyone tell me if cross is okay for indian skin. And one more thing do whatever but please do not get any peels cause from my personal experience peels made my scars deeper. Bye

Yup, subcision + TCA cross. Might throw in some dermarolling too. :)

Haha, it sounds like you just want me to jump into the Doctor's office and shout "Here is a canvas. Make a masterpiece. Sculp' my face, doctor. Sculp' my face!" ;)

But thanks for the replies all of you. Now I just have to look up the word "subcision", and actually figure out what it means.

dermarolling+vitamin c supplement,vitamin c serum+Copper peptide+afgf cream...try all kinds of collagen booster = 60 to 80% improvements..