Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all! This board may be a little bit biased since I do have a huge place in my heart for Physicians Formula. I've been a Physicians Formula user for 2 years, and I decided to join acne.org to tell you about it. I do not have cystic acne, and my bumps are now at a minimum thanks to the Derm, however I do have a LOT of redness left as a gift from the acne, so foundation coverage is a HUGE matter of importance for me. The only makeup that has worked well for me is Physicians Formula.

I've tried several foundations in the past including Revlon, Covergirl, Maybelline, Almay, and Arbonne to name a few, and I never had much success with them.

Arbonne - liquid foundation: NOTE: I used the Arbonne liquid foundation during my beginning stages of acne, so I didnt need much coverage, however due to the price I discontinued my use, so I cannot leave an honest review on this board as to the coverage or quality of the Arbonne makeup line, but I did like the fact they have a wide selection of color choices.

Covergirl - liquid foundation: caused a break out the moment I put it on. I was rather disappointed since it seemed like such a promising foundation. I'm not joking. As soon as I put it on I could feel my skin cringe and I had 2-3 new pimples my the next morning.

Maybelline - powder foundation: although it did not cause an immediate breakout reaction, it did not do much coverage wise unless I coated on their mineral powder. This, in turn, left an orange, cake-like mess, and being fair skinned, there was no way to hide it. Other than that, the price was right!

Almay - liquid foundation: this makeup was very gentle, and I did not find it cakey at all. My only huge let down was that it did not offer any coverage. If you are looking for a sheer, non cakey foundation, I do recommend this! I ended up using it under my Physicians Formula powder, but felt like I had too much on, so I advise using it seperate.

Physicians Formula - powder foundation: I have used their organic line and their talc free mineral wear line. My favorite, by far is the organic wear. Although both are pretty even, I find the organic wear is less orange, lighter, and I prefer the kit brush and the container itself. Plus, it's made of all natural ingredients and lists them all on the package. I advise not using too much, since you will look orange and cakey, however if you take the time to use a decent concealer, and go sparingly with the powder, your red spots will disappear and you will be so happy with the look of your skin! It leaves a natural finish which is what we all want, and it covers the red spots. NOTE: It does not COMPLETELY cover them, but it camouflages them to the point they are barely noticeable...concealer will take care of the rest :)

Their foundations run between $10-$16 depending on what store you get them from. I get mine from walmart.

Hope this helps, I know finding a foundation that covers acne without feeling too heavy is a challenge!

If you have any other recommendations for a good foundation, please, feel free to post. Also, please post your own experience(s), good and bad, with Physicians Formula.

:)

I have Physician's Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder in "Buff" I thought that since I use the same color in Revlon's foundation this powder would work for me, but it made me look extremely orange so now it's at the bottom of my purse where it does not see the light of day. I really wanted to like it, but the color was totally off. I only hope that the rest of their products aren't as orange.

I have Physician's Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder in "Buff" I thought that since I use the same color in Revlon's foundation this powder would work for me, but it made me look extremely orange so now it's at the bottom of my purse where it does not see the light of day. I really wanted to like it, but the color was totally off. I only hope that the rest of their products aren't as orange.

I have on experience with their pressed powders, just their loose mineral powders. Hrrrmmm....if you ever feel up to spending the money on Physicians Formula, maybe try translucent? It's their lightest color, I believe, and it's what I use.

I do agree with you however, on the orange part. But only if I use too much, otherwise, it works great :)

i kind of have a special place in my heart for physician's formula too. esp. they're baked eye shadows and their mineral wear pressed powder. i think their selection is great.

what i like about the pressed powder is that it doesn't break me out, it doesn't get cakey if i don't apply too much, it's super easy to apply, it has SPF, and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't stay long on me.

i was wondering how you apply your organic loose powder. do you use a kabuki, any setting sprays? have you ever tried the organic pressed powder?

Since I started using Physician's Formula a few months ago I've fallen in love with it. It is the most natural looking makeup I've ever used and feels great on my skin. I tried using my covergirl powder when I ran out one time and realized how bad CG looks compared to PF. I use the transluscent loose powder. I'm not that pale, but the light color is too orangy for me as well. The only thing I wish it did was control oil, but I guess there are other products for that.

i kind of have a special place in my heart for physician's formula too. esp. they're baked eye shadows and their mineral wear pressed powder. i think their selection is great.

what i like about the pressed powder is that it doesn't break me out, it doesn't get cakey if i don't apply too much, it's super easy to apply, it has SPF, and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't stay long on me.

i was wondering how you apply your organic loose powder. do you use a kabuki, any setting sprays? have you ever tried the organic pressed powder?

I use Revlon Face Primer (came with a kit my Mom uses). I only use a pea sized amount, since it has fragrance which is not the best for acne prone skin, however it has not irritated me, so thats my primer of choice for now. I'm not sure if Physicians Formula has a face primer or not :-/

I use the kit brush and use gentle circular motions around my entire face.

Hope that answers your questions!

Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your name!!! I have a 3 year old toy cocker spaniel and I would completely describe her as a silly girl. =)

I use Revlon Face Primer (came with a kit my Mom uses). I only use a pea sized amount, since it has fragrance which is not the best for acne prone skin, however it has not irritated me, so thats my primer of choice for now. I'm not sure if Physicians Formula has a face primer or not :-/

I use the kit brush and use gentle circular motions around my entire face.

Hope that answers your questions!

yes, it did. thank you : )