Notifications
Clear all

Paula's Choice

MemberMember
(@hammky)

Posted : 05/14/2009 12:30 pm

am from the Philippines, so not a single product of Paual's Choice is available anywhere. I ordered mine from Malaysia. It took me weeks for me to start slathering my face with the BHA 2% liquid. My regimen before i started using the BHA liquid:

AM

*wash with water- i mean water only. Yeah! just water. I do believe that it neutralizes the skins ph level. Unlike any other cleansers, it is non irritating and non-comedogenic. No matter what ingredients a cleanser may promise to contain, we really do not know how our skin reacts to any of its components. My facial skin is like a spring of oil. After I stopped using my cleanser and just plain tap water innstead, I have noticed that my skin is less oily, less irritated, and microcomedones just seemed to dissappear. So skip the cleanser guys! Water is a universal solvent, so, it really cleanses the skin gently and thoroughly without having to worry about undesirable side effects of facial skin cleansers.

*VMV Hypoallergenics Glykeros Lift Treatment Toning Essence-it has allantion and 2.5% glycolic acid in it plus .025% kinetin growth factor

*VMV Hypoallergenics Id Exfolitaing Lotion-2% salicylic acid in lightweight lotion base

*Benzac 5%

*15 minutes later, Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Lotion Or Oily Skin Lotion( has oil absorbing powder which controls oil and gives skin a radiant luminous glow.

PM

*WATER...wATER..waTer

*erythromycin 2% solution from my derm

*new addition, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

*retinoic acid.1% cream from my derm

*glycolic acid 10% cream and Azelaic acid 20% cream alternate every other night

Sleep...Sleep..Sleep

Oral supplements

*Vit E 400iu

*Vit C 500mg

*Glutathione capsules 1000mg

*fish oil 1000mg

*multivitamin tablets

post-93314-1242322071_thumb.jpg

post-93314-1242322071_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@amanda8lynn22)

Posted : 05/14/2009 12:42 pm

am from the Philippines, so not a single product of Paual's Choice is available anywhere. I ordered mine from Malaysia. It took me weeks for me to start slathering my face with the BHA 2% liquid. My regimen before i started using the BHA liquid:

AM

*wash with water- i mean water only. Yeah! just water. I do believe that it neutralizes the skins ph level. Unlike any other cleansers, it is non irritating and non-comedogenic. No matter what ingredients a cleanser may promise to contain, we really do not know how our skin reacts to any of its components. My facial skin is like a spring of oil. After I stopped using my cleanser and just plain tap water innstead, I have noticed that my skin is less oily, less irritated, and microcomedones just seemed to dissappear. So skip the cleanser guys! Water is a universal solvent, so, it really cleanses the skin gently and thoroughly without having to worry about undesirable side effects of facial skin cleansers.

*VMV Hypoallergenics Glykeros Lift Treatment Toning Essence-it has allantion and 2.5% glycolic acid in it plus .025% kinetin growth factor

*VMV Hypoallergenics Id Exfolitaing Lotion-2% salicylic acid in lightweight lotion base

*Benzac 5%

*15 minutes later, Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Lotion Or Oily Skin Lotion( has oil absorbing powder which controls oil and gives skin a radiant luminous glow.

PM

*WATER...wATER..waTer

*erythromycin 2% solution from my derm

*new addition, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

*retinoic acid.1% cream from my derm

*glycolic acid 10% cream and Azelaic acid 20% cream alternate every other night

Sleep...Sleep..Sleep

Oral supplements

*Vit E 400iu

*Vit C 500mg

*Glutathione capsules 1000mg

*fish oil 1000mg

*multivitamin tablets

How was your skin before you started using all these products? because it looks like Perfect..

And don't all those topicals irritate your skin, You put 4 creams on one after the other??

MemberMember
(@hammky)

Posted : 05/14/2009 1:39 pm

I would perfectly describe my skin as ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE when my acne started when I was just 12 years old. All Because of my wrong doings! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It all started with just a single big pimple on the nose brought about by puberty. I panicked. I was then in the world of ignorance, surrounded by skin care myths, poor quality skin products and important information out of reach since the unavailability of internet and helpful resource materials in the poor provinces.Now, turning back time is not an option and never will be, LOL. To date, a history can be written on the experiences of my skin battling acne since that nasty bump erupted 11 years ago. Im 24 now and living in the world of technology! Im now equipped with all the knowledge on how to take care of my skin. I know now my skin oh so well. Due to my paranoia of not letting that battle field happen to my face again, I have dedicated myself to learning almost all the necessities for a healthy skin. My past experiences, acne.org (Thank God I have landed on this very useful site), internet, and my compulsive reading sessions on skin care are all the tools im using right now to understanding and healing my skin completely. Im now happy with my skin, though the scars will always remind me of how ugly life can get if you have acne and dont even bother to take care of it.

I think the "water only" is the key to prevent irritations from layering all these products on my face! No abrasions from cleanser ingredients, pores remain closed, and skins ph level and natural oil barrie maintained are but all the factors resulting from "water only" that allows my skin to accommodate layers of products.

MemberMember
(@master_z)

Posted : 05/14/2009 5:08 pm

Dude, you look exactly like me. I was almost frightened by the similarity. Anyway, I too am using Paula's choice BHA 2%, but havent had results for my comedonal acne and its been a few weeks. :(

MemberMember
(@hammky)

Posted : 05/14/2009 11:02 pm

Dude, you look exactly like me. I was almost frightened by the similarity. Anyway, I too am using Paula's choice BHA 2%, but havent had results for my comedonal acne and its been a few weeks. :(

hello there! hope to see you too! for me to see how similar we look and for me to get frightened too.LOL...you pair it with tretinoin and glycolic acid, im sure those fleshy bumps will be purging out like hell...trust me!

MemberMember
(@paulvg)

Posted : 08/16/2009 5:43 am

Kuya,buhay ka pa ba?

MemberMember
(@ecotrons)

Posted : 08/19/2009 1:20 am

Can Paulas Choice be bought in stores like Wal Mart? Im in Canada if that helps, thanks

MemberMember
(@hammky)

Posted : 08/20/2009 2:53 pm

Can Paulas Choice be bought in stores like Wal Mart? Im in Canada if that helps, thanks

you can get paulas choice products online onli...yes! they have a branch office in canada and they sure can deliver thier products at your doorstep!

MemberMember
(@paulaschoiceph)

Posted : 02/06/2013 11:41 pm

Hi to all. Watch out for Paula's Choice products that will be available for retail here in the Philippines very soon. No more shipping from other countries smile.png

We will keep you posted on this. Have a nice day!