Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seesay

Pustule Breakout

Say hello to my skin.

(Sorry to anyone who has just seen their breakfast in reverse.)

This morning I woke up with a breakout of pustules all over my face. On Saturday I have a wedding to go to and right now there is no chance in hell that that is going to occur.

Now, while this is an image of a breakout, you should be able to gather from the rest of my skin that there are marks from former pustules everywhere. It's been a wave of this type of acne for quite a few years. Never once have I had a week or two of clear skin/freedom.

I am now 23 years old and this is the first time that I'll admit to acne having a huge affect upon my life, both socially and psychologically. I nearly don't want to admit to what my life could be without acne.

Is there anything - and I do mean anything - that can be done about this type of acne?

Thanks in advance.

post-103286-1242296153_thumb.jpg

Yea that sucks man, every1 on this forum feels ya. Have you tried the acne.org regimen, that has helped me soo much. Also maybe a quick appointment with a dermatologist? There are seriously thousands of methods to get clear, but before looking at those, i would take a look at any recent changes you have been through. This is the first time you broke out like this? If so, think, have you been eating differently, weather change, put anything weird on your face, etc. Look at all the variables. Your face does look really irritated, which is a major cause of acne. But in short, what i recommend flat out is the acne.org regimen. Good luck

Also....your skin isnt that bad. There is so much worse. Don't let acne get the better of you in life. I would go to that wedding regardless. I mean, one way or another your acne will eventually clear up, and it would be a waste of life to worry about acne before then. Just be positive, it always looks worse to yourself, trust me on that one.

You will need to be more specific on your background, what you tried in the past etc. I would set up an appointment with a derm, get a local treatment and some antibiotics. That is usually the standard procedure. But there are other things that you can do like washing your face twice a day, eat healthy, change bed sheets often and so on. There are lots of info already written on the forum, just take a look around.

Yea that sucks man, every1 on this forum feels ya. Have you tried the acne.org regimen, that has helped me soo much. Also maybe a quick appointment with a dermatologist? There are seriously thousands of methods to get clear, but before looking at those, i would take a look at any recent changes you have been through. This is the first time you broke out like this? If so, think, have you been eating differently, weather change, put anything weird on your face, etc. Look at all the variables. Your face does look really irritated, which is a major cause of acne. But in short, what i recommend flat out is the acne.org regimen. Good luck

Also....your skin isnt that bad. There is so much worse. Don't let acne get the better of you in life. I would go to that wedding regardless. I mean, one way or another your acne will eventually clear up, and it would be a waste of life to worry about acne before then. Just be positive, it always looks worse to yourself, trust me on that one.

I've never tried the regimen, and it may turn out that I'll give it a go. I do want to play the pauper here, but sometimes such products are just too costly, but I'll have another look. (Add P&P to that, too.)

I've had appointments with a dermatologist and my local GP and the trend is the same. Just load you with some drugs that half work. This isn't the first time I've broken out like this, but it's the first time in a long, long while that I've broken out with pustules in such a manner. Now, you say something very interesting. You mentioned weather change. I live in Ireland and it's pretty miserable most of the time, but the last few days have seen an extreme shift in weather, with days being very warm and full of sunshine. Now, it's interesting in the sense that I get patches of exzema in warm weather (for which I have two on my arm right now, both of which came through in the last couple of days), and the last time I was on a sunny holiday in my late teens, on the very first morning, following the first night there, my whole chest had broken out in probably triple figure pustules and spots. (You can imagine how the holiday was ruined from there on out.) There's certainly a correlation between acne and weather with regards to my make up as a person.

Thanks very much for you final words, man. Appreciated.

You will need to be more specific on your background, what you tried in the past etc. I would set up an appointment with a derm, get a local treatment and some antibiotics. That is usually the standard procedure. But there are other things that you can do like washing your face twice a day, eat healthy, change bed sheets often and so on. There are lots of info already written on the forum, just take a look around.

I have tried practically all the over-the-counter products to no avail.

I have done the whole zinc technique. Nothing.

I've used Vitamin E topically and while it initially helped, it has since loosened it's effectiveness.

My first prescription based products were Zineryt (spelling?) and a dose of antibiotics. This helped, undoubtedly, but once I got rid of the antibiotics, it came back again - and stronger.

A year of a gap and I started with Differin and antibiotics. This had a hugely positive effect, but again, leaving antibiotics to the side just causes everything to come back, although Differin was quite good on its own, I have to admit.

Today, in my depression, I seeked out another prescription for Differin. It's had a calming effect already, which is quite nice. I trust it to work, even if I foolishly grasp to the idea that I may find something more natural to help.

I really and truly do not want to start with antibiotics again. I don't want to be forever dependant on these drugs.

I eat well, I exercise, my sleeping pattern is quite awful (I'll be the first to admit, and I do believe this contributes), I wash twice daily, I exfoliate, I do change pillows cases quite often.

I basically posted this thread today in a plea for answers to this form of acne. Thankfully I don't get deep cystic acne. I know I don't have the worst in the world, but I have to admit to it seriously affecting almost all aspects of my life from going out socially to love life and all that jazz. It's usually milder than the image above. May I ask to anyone who may know: I have just turned 23. Is this the age (22-24) whereby if acne is to ever leave my life, that it's likely to do so? Beyond this time frame I should accept that I may very well have to deal with it forever?

Really sorry to bump this thread. I'm doing so just in case anyone has any extra information. No harm in trying, right?

No harm bro. I think it could work quite well if you give it at least a month. Give it a shot and see how things go!

hey i also live in Ireland and yea the weather sucks most of the time,but if i go on sunny holidays my face clears up,and im on accutane.I dont think ur acne is that bad to go on accutane tho, just talk to ur Gp and see what he says, try to get alot of rest,dont stress and go to that wedding :)..acne also messed up my social life for months but now that my face is getting clearer i feel much better and went out 3 times this week...goodluck hope ur face clears soon