Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hopeful4it

Minocycline not working

So I've been on minocycline for about 6 weeks and at first I thought it was really working but then it seemed to be at a stand still. These past two weeks I've noticed that where i sued to be clear (my forehead and chin area) is now starting to break out in tiny whiteheads and comedonal type acne. Is this the mino? I have no idea what to do now. . .

it took about 3-4 months for minocycline to start working for me when i started. ive been using it for about two years and it helped and now its stopped working pretty much. hope u have better luck

ok dude im gonna be honest as hell jus to save u as soon as possible. I was on the same boat Mino and Tretinoin for 3 months. My derm told me after 1 month id be clear. At the time i thought this was forever.

Tretinoin is REDICULOUSly strong. It will make ur face breakout like mad (worse then accutane IB) and make ur face really red and steamy wen it kicks in. The mino is pretty much to make the breakouts as minored. This stuff made my skin worse then its ever been. After about 3 months it worked to move my moderate acne to a mild/moderate. but i had all these redmarks from the breakouts on tretinoin. I would switch derms or convince ur derm to give u accutane asap if ur acne is bad. If its mild dont stress it.