Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So yeah it's been ages since I've posted here but here I am once again, unfortunatley (No offense :P)

Recently everything has been going great I've been about 85% clear (Best I have ever seen which is sort of depressing). But within I'd say the last...three weeks my forhead has gone to hell, literally. I don't know what It is.

I have been off Minocycline for over 2 months now but I know it can't be that because I would be broken out everywhere, not just my forehead.

So to the issue. My cheeks: Clear. Chin: 90% Clear. Forehead = Ew.

These pimples are the weirdest I have ever seen. They are so tiny, like 2mm wide but there in clusters EVERYWHERE on my forhead, it really reallllly bad, and bugs me a lot. There used to be only a few so It didn't bother me at all, but recently they have spread like wildfire and now my confidence is back down to 0. :(

So my question is, is breaking out in one specific area special? Is it a sign like hormonal acne that'd I'd have to ride out? Or is there something I can CHANGE that will make it stop?

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Much love,

M.S.

Hi desperate for clarity,

To answer your question, the fact that only your forehead is breaking out could be significant. If it looks like this:

http://www.cfpc.ca/cfp/2005/Apr/_images/cme_2_pic4.jpg

Then you probably have fungal folliculitis. It's an overgrowth of yeast that can happen after taking antibiotics. When it occurs on the face it's most commonly on the forehead. You can treat it with a dandruff shampoo like Nizoral or head and shoulders. Lather the infected area, let it sit for 3-10 minutes and then rinse, twice a day.

Watch out for body acne too. Folliculitis is very common on the back and chest and can also be treated with dandruff shampoo.

Good luck!

akko