Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneLoveLetsGetTogether

how do you guys cook your chicken

I'm starting to think sauteeing and stir-frying aren't the best options for acne sufferers due to oils being heated to high temperatures which destroys their health benefits. Am I right or wrong about this?

What would be the most acne-friendly way to cook chicken/fish? It seems like everytime I cook chicken at super high heats (stir fry/sauteeing) I break out the next day, but when I cook fish in a pan at moderate-low heat I don't break out. Connection??

Broiling, grill, rotisserie? Whats the best way do you guys think?

I rarely cook chicken. If I do it's for soup so boiling or poaching.

It's best to avoid a lot of browning or charring of meats. But you can saute, grill or broil, just use a high heat oil and don't over do it.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2383543

When you saute or stir fry, which is all the frying you should do, be sure to use an oil with a high enough smoking point.

You can also go to world's healthiest foods where you'll find a few fast recipes for each food. There will almost always be at least one using their method they call Healthy Saute which is sauteing in a little broth or water.

I've always wondered about the best way to prepare fish myself. I've read a bit about it, but because omega-3s are so fragile, I believe the best way to eat fish is either raw or steamed or some other means of cooking that uses low temperatures.

As far as chicken, you could always slow cook it. I used to saute it as well, you can still get decent results with medium-low heat so long as you give the pan a bit of time to heat up; if you do go this route though, use coconut oil, ghee, butter, lard, goose/duck fat, tallow or some other heat-stable fat source. I usually bake my chicken though or pan-sear it and then finish it off in the oven (do not exceed 375F though if possible).

I've always wondered about the best way to prepare fish myself. I've read a bit about it, but because omega-3s are so fragile, I believe the best way to eat fish is either raw or steamed or some other means of cooking that uses low temperatures.

Poach or steam. And you can grill or broil as long as you watch carefully to prevent charring, and of course, you don't want to overcook or dry it out.

I always buy a bunch of cooked chicken leg and put them in my fridge. To warm up, I cook them on my oven with lots of oil. I throw away the skin, because it contains all the toxic crap... I eat chicken almost every day. Is this a good or a bad thing? I know they are acidic, but I can't just not eat it...

I always buy a bunch of cooked chicken leg and put them in my fridge. To warm up, I cook them on my oven with lots of oil. I throw away the skin, because it contains all the toxic crap... I eat chicken almost every day. Is this a good or a bad thing? I know they are acidic, but I can't just not eat it...

I eat chicken everyday too