Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User98562

Getting breakouts in the same spot

I have been on the regimen for about 2 months, and i have been clearing up alot. See my regimen in my signature. Although I have been clearing up, and I am having very few breakouts, I get a new pimple on my left temple about every 4 days.

This area, about the size of a quarter, is red from scarring because it used to be a pretty bad breakout area for me but i dont treat this spot any differently with my creams. So im lost as to why i consistently get breakouts in this one spot. I appreciate any ideas.

no idea. lol. i get it at the left temple too. and yea any other random pimple on the left side of my face rather then my right. this sucks.

I'm not a medical professional, but I'm guessing two things might be able to help you with your spot-problem. Obviously I won't be disappointed if my ideas or off, but at the least there's a chance they'll help you.

First off, if it's the case that you're right handed, you might be occassionally resting your head (left temple) on your left hand while you write, or do whatever, with your right hand. This will spread any bacteria from your hand, which can be numerous if you were just using your keyboard or a million other things, to the spot, which can then increase infectious acne. This will also irritate the skin for some people.

Second, it's possible your sleep habits are affecting acne in that spot. If you sleep on your left side, your left temple will regularly be basking in your pillow, which can cause an over-development of natural oils, or irritation if you sweat while sleeping, in addition to simply connecting a trouble spot with a pillow which I don't know how often is being washed. If this is the case, try to sleep on your back... something I'm really unsuccessful at.

lol same. ill always have to sleep on my sides.

hmm pretty true the right handed writing part. i always rest my left side on my left palm. will try not doing that now and see how it goes.

ah cool, happy my advice hit somewhere =]

i was just doing a practice test at my desk and realized halfway through my hand was indeed resting on my left temple the whole time... haha -.-