Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oh-so outrageous

Revlon Colorstay or Estee Lauder Double Wear?

So I've been hearing a lot about these two on the boards, and I think I'll try one of them. All these Double Wear/Colorstay threads are probably driving people nuts, sorry! :redface: I was just wondering which one I should get...

(Price is not a factor.)

Which one has served you guys better?

If you've tried both, which covered better? I have some red marks on my cheeks and near the fronts of my face. So I need coverage without the cake. Did you break out from either?

P.S. Also - has anyone tried the Revlon Colorstay minerals?

I use Revlon Colorstay and I have been using it for about 2 years now, I like the full coverage because it covers my red marks but I have to go over the area with the most red marks a lot of times in order to get the desired effect.

I have never tried double wear, but I have been hearing so much about it that I want to try it as well.

If you only have red marks then Revlon Colorstay will help you cover them, I wish I ONLY had red marks those are easy to cover, unfortunately, I still have bumps.

I use Revlon Colorstay and I have been using it for about 2 years now, I like the full coverage because it covers my red marks but I have to go over the area with the most red marks a lot of times in order to get the desired effect.

I have never tried double wear, but I have been hearing so much about it that I want to try it as well.

If you only have red marks then Revlon Colorstay will help you cover them, I wish I ONLY had red marks those are easy to cover, unfortunately, I still have bumps.

Double wear is very cakey. I didnt like it

Double wear is very cakey. I didnt like it

Really? Ugh, i'll stick to Colorstay then.

I tried the 16 hour wear foundation from Almay after watching Dan's video and hearing him say how Almay was such a great brand for acne-prone skin, and I absolutely hated it. The foundation was very difficult to blend, and it did not offer the coverage that I need.

Hey, I've tried both foundations and I have to say that personally I prefer Double Wear. I find that I don't need as much product to get the desired coverage and as a result my make up doesn't look cakey, whereas with Colorstay I would have to be very careful not to over do it or it could look very cakey.

Also Double Wear lasts more for me than Colorstay does and I find it's actually lighter than Colorstay which can feel quite heavy.

I've only been using it for a week and so far no breakouts but we'll see how it goes.

I reccommend that you try both because they are very similar and I think it's down to the individual and how it works with your skin.

revlon is sticky and transfers on2 clothes, estee lauder dries in and DOES NOT BUDGE its only cakey if u slap a lot on!! and they have loadsss of shades

I purchased the Double Wear after hearing great reviews on here about it and I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I blend it in with a sponge and it works wonders on covering my red marks and I found that it even starts to look better as the day wears on. Also another great thing is that I have experienced no breakouts from it which is kind of unheard of for me. I would give it a try. You can always get a sample from the counter and see how you like it before committing. Thats what I did.

if price is not a factor I would say go for double wear. My friend uses revlon, I've read alot about it too. Seems like it's a good substitute if you are on a budget. But Revlon has very limited shades, while Estee has many. So go for the one with more shades. And I have used Doublewear, it doens't budge like what others have said. It has stayed on for 14 hours for me, during which I went clubbing for the last few hours. It stays on despite the sweat and oil(I have extremely oily skin). It has great coverage too.

Update about the Revlon Colorstay for me. I used it consistently for about a week and I find that it makes me a bit itchy in the beginning and gives me clogged pores even though I use a Loreal professional makeup remover + St.Ives scrub. So I am not using the Revlon Colorstay anymore. The Revlon also has some shiny particles in it and mica is listed as a ingredient, so I don't know if that is the problem for me...

I would only suggest Revlon Colorstay for people who have a lot of red marks like me and need FULL coverage, I can't do sheer foundations the coverage is a joke. Colorstay doesn't break me out and I have sensitive dry skin, but I use the formula for oily skin for some reason I like it better than the one for dry skin.

I've used very expensive foundations and drugstore ones too, I won't overlook drugstore foundation just because it's cheaper. Some say that the more expensive foundations are better formulated, but I go with the ones that give me full coverage and DON'T break me out. So far, Colorstay hasn't.

I once tried a Dior foundation it broke me out horribly, took me forever to recover from that little episode.

I found Colorstay didn't have particularly good coverage, was incredibly drying and appeared 'cakey'.

I found Colorstay didn't have particularly good coverage, was incredibly drying and appeared 'cakey'.

yea gross, i agree! ugh and i hate the way it transfers on clothes!! dont think the coverage is great either,

I would only suggest Revlon Colorstay for people who have a lot of red marks like me and need FULL coverage, I can't do sheer foundations the coverage is a joke. Colorstay doesn't break me out and I have sensitive dry skin, but I use the formula for oily skin for some reason I like it better than the one for dry skin.

I've used very expensive foundations and drugstore ones too, I won't overlook drugstore foundation just because it's cheaper. Some say that the more expensive foundations are better formulated, but I go with the ones that give me full coverage and DON'T break me out. So far, Colorstay hasn't.

I once tried a Dior foundation it broke me out horribly, took me forever to recover from that little episode.

Yeah if your skin is sensitive like mine, its best to avoid fragrances and the foundations should be oil free. I dont think Dior is either one of those

yea gross, i agree! ugh and i hate the way it transfers on clothes!! dont think the coverage is great either,

I disagree on the coverage argument, I think Colorstay has excellent coverage you just have to know how to layer it. I use a makeup sponge and blow dry my face on a cool setting for 3 minutes between intervals of application. I've pretty much become a pro at the layering LOL.

As far as transferring on clothes I agree that it does, but I haven't found a foundation that doesn't. I wear pressed powder on top of my foundation so either way i'm going to have either my powder or foundation or both transfer on to my boyfriend's shirts.

Yeah if your skin is sensitive like mine, its best to avoid fragrances and the foundations should be oil free. I dont think Dior is either one of those

Dior has fragrance, I was pretty dumb about foundation back then. Ugh

I disagree on the coverage argument, I think Colorstay has excellent coverage you just have to know how to layer it. I use a makeup sponge and blow dry my face on a cool setting for 3 minutes between intervals of application. I've pretty much become a pro at the layering LOL.

As far as transferring on clothes I agree that it does, but I haven't found a foundation that doesn't. I wear pressed powder on top of my foundation so either way i'm going to have either my powder or foundation or both transfer on to my boyfriend's shirts.

Dior has fragrance, I was pretty dumb about foundation back then. Ugh

i defiently get more coverage in 1 application of double wear than layering 2 or 3 times, i reckon that would be a lot stickier and heavy i wouldnt bother with the whole hairdrying thing...lol u should so try double wear it doesnt transfer or BUDGE it would save the whole powder thing also..

i defiently get more coverage in 1 application of double wear than layering 2 or 3 times, i reckon that would be a lot stickier and heavy i wouldnt bother with the whole hairdrying thing...lol u should so try double wear it doesnt transfer or BUDGE it would save the whole powder thing also..

Isn't double wear liquid? Anything that is liquid has to dry, and since i'm always in a hurry in the morning I use a blow dryer to help speed up the drying process. I doubt there's a foundation out there that dries quickly enough for me to set it with pressed powder, and if it does dry that quickly I wouldn't want it because I imagine it would be difficult to blend when dry.

I do want to ask for some samples of double wear to try it out, I don't want to knock it til I try it.

Isn't double wear liquid? Anything that is liquid has to dry, and since i'm always in a hurry in the morning I use a blow dryer to help speed up the drying process. I doubt there's a foundation out there that dries quickly enough for me to set it with pressed powder, and if it does dry that quickly I wouldn't want it because I imagine it would be difficult to blend when dry.

I do want to ask for some samples of double wear to try it out, I don't want to knock it til I try it.

it dries in as soon as u blend , pretty amazing. each 2 their own eh..

Oh trust me there are some foundations that set pretty much as soon as they touch your face. Like dermablend, which I had to wear when I was in theatre long ago.