Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aabbcc2

Is this a RELAPSE? When did you RELAPSE?? HELP!

I finished my Accutane treatment 16 months ago. I've only had occasional, mildly inflamed pimples. But, over the past month I've noticed more clogged pores on my forehead and I'm getting a CYST on my chin!!! I can feel the cyst coming!!! And, I have an inflamed pimple on my forehead. I haven't had a cyst since I finished Accutane so I'm really worried that I may be relapsing which would be ABSOLUTE HELL!

When did you relapse? Does this sound like a relapse? HELP!

I finished my Accutane treatment 16 months ago. I've only had occasional, mildly inflamed pimples. But, over the past month I've noticed more clogged pores on my forehead and I'm getting a CYST on my chin!!! I can feel the cyst coming!!! And, I have an inflamed pimple on my forehead. I haven't had a cyst since I finished Accutane so I'm really worried that I may be relapsing which would be ABSOLUTE HELL!

When did you relapse? Does this sound like a relapse? HELP!

Hum, I figured I would post theese studies for you, for me accutane made my acne worse, I have read that some relapse shortly after, or 1,2,3,5 years later.

Have you used a matience regimin?

Relapse of acne following isotretinoin treatment: A retrospective study of 405 patients.

Liu A, Yang DJ, Gerhardstein PC, Hsu S.

Department of Dermatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA.BACKGROUND: Isotretinoin is the most effective systemic treatment option for patients with nodulocystic acne or acne vulgaris who have failed a treatment with systemic antibiotics. METHODS: We conducted a retrospective study of 405 acne patients treated with isotretinoin to evaluate the incidence of recurrence after a course of at least 150 mg/kg of isotretinoin. RESULTS: Of the 405 patients evaluated, 94 (23.2%) experienced relapses severe enough for the patient to request further medical management. Of the 94 patients, 76 (80.9%) relapsed within the first 2 years following completion of a course of isotretinoin. LIMITATIONS: This was a retrospective study at a single practice site. CONCLUSION: Almost one-fifth of patients have a recurrence of acne within the first 2 years. Patients should be made aware of this information, as it will contribute to the development of accurate and appropriate expectations of therapy.

You can also go on pubmed and look at this one too. There's lots with diffrent views.

Predictive factors for failure of isotretinoin treatment in acne patients: results from a cohort of 237 patients.

Lehucher-Ceyrac D de La Salmonierre P. Chastang C. Morel P.

Pubmed.

Good luck try not to stress might make it worse.