Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnicksRock

Facial Hair and Acne

Does anyone else here breakout more when they let their facial hair grow out for a few days and not shave as much?

It definitely seems like I breakout much more when I do that.

I am on tazorac and it seems like it really only benefits me when I am clean shaven.

me,

for sure when i let it grow like 1cm i get lot of blister type/pustule spots on my face, when close shaved i get less,

red marks left behind are a pain too. very embarassing.

Does anyone else here breakout more when they let their facial hair grow out for a few days and not shave as much?

Yep, I made a topic about it a few weeks ago. I definitely am more clear when I shave.

First of all gents, USE AN ELECTRIC SHAVER! Don't hold back because of the price, buy some thing that is in the top of the range and from my experience atleast, skin welcomes the change A LOT.

Secondly, yeah.. i agee with this thread. When I shave for work or going out which is 5 days a week, I'm shaving on those mornings. When I don't shave for a couple of days, I get these weird skin problems and start breaking out on my chin. I've noticed that skin even grows around and on my facial hair. It's quite odd. I don't know what it is or why it happens. At first i thought that it was just dry dead skin but when trying to scratch it off, realised that it was firmly attached to my skin. They're only half a cm MAX, usually only a few mms but still, wtf?

I've thought of an electric...but it doesn't seem as close of a shave... I recently bought the gilette fusion (not the power) and it is a major upgrade over the mach 3.

I am shaving 5-6 days a week now and using benzaclin in mornings afterward using olay moisturizer.

I just am tired of not being able to have facial hair because of this.

Red marks suck.

I have a lot of facial hair I just shave my moustache area... I don't seem to get more acne at all... also it hides redmarks...

Dr told me to use a 2 blade or one blade regular razor. I was using the 4 blade razor, i have to shave more often, but dont get near the irritation that I did once hair would come back using the 4 blade razor.

I've had similar experiences that you guys are talking about, but I actually find that my skin gets more irritated when I shave and I get more acne... Anyone else have this?