Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nicky Bee

DermaPet MalAcetic Otic (Ear/Skin Cleanser for Pets)

I had this DermaPet cleanser in the house because of the dog's ears. The dog didn't need it anymore so I thought, "Why not."

I dabbed a cotton ball soaked with this cleanser on cystic acne that I could feed forming one night and the zit was smaller the next day. Yea!

After washing my face, I smear this on my face (but not eye region) and let it dry, and then apply moisturizer, makeup, etc. I use it after washing my face in the morning and the evening.

The cleanser contains acetic acid (2%) and boric acid (2%). It can be purchased over-the-counter.

Haha, I am a veterinary student and I walk around the hospital wondering what products would work on my skin. Dogs usually get yeast infections in their ears (the medications have topical antibiotics in them also due to secondary infections) so they have anti fungal and antibacterial properties. Just not sure about the absorbtion rates on human skin, or the level of sensitivity.

I would be cautious when using that for long periods of time. Since its tested for animals and not humans it may cause irritation at some point.