Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...I wanted to comfort so badly.

One was sitting across me in the train today. His face was covered with red spots. You could tell it affected him somewhat, although he didn't look distraught. You know like when you can tell somebody is distraught by their body language, their state of their eyes etc..he looked fine, though he avoided eye contact with people and I avoided to look at him too much because I didn't want him to catch me and make him feel uncomfortable, I know what that's like. If he looked at me it was when I had my head down on my phone.

The second one today-I went to a college. all the kids were literally trendy, beautiful young models, happy, virant, flawless skin-I was at the exit, all of them came out in groups laughing, smiling, confident, and then there was this one kid, all alone in between coming groups, his hands in his pocket, his head down and he had acne....oh my god, guys it broke my heart....:(

how can you stop someone and say, hey buddy, I know what you're going through, you're not the only one in the world...etc...without making him feel insulted? it's impossible. I just wanted to hug him.It's heartbreaking seeing someone younger than I going through what I am. He looked at me too though, it literally is like us acne people are part of a tribe or something-we acknowlegde each other when we see one of our kind once in a blue moon.

suffering it myself well i can't take, but seeing others going through it is just too much. :(

it was so heartbreaking, the college kid!

One was sitting across me in the train today. His face was covered with red spots. You could tell it affected him somewhat, although he didn't look distraught. You know like when you can tell somebody is distraught by their body language, their state of their eyes etc..he looked fine, though he avoided eye contact with people and I avoided to look at him too much because I didn't want him to catch me and make him feel uncomfortable, I know what that's like. If he looked at me it was when I had my head down on my phone.

The second one today-I went to a college. all the kids were literally trendy, beautiful young models, happy, virant, flawless skin-I was at the exit, all of them came out in groups laughing, smiling, confident, and then there was this one kid, all alone in between coming groups, his hands in his pocket, his head down and he had acne....oh my god, guys it broke my heart....:(

how can you stop someone and say, hey buddy, I know what you're going through, you're not the only one in the world...etc...without making him feel insulted? it's impossible. I just wanted to hug him.It's heartbreaking seeing someone younger than I going through what I am. He looked at me too though, it literally is like us acne people are part of a tribe or something-we acknowlegde each other when we see one of our kind once in a blue moon.

suffering it myself well i can't take, but seeing others going through it is just too much. :(

I only wish there were more people like you in this world to be honest - the compassionate have become a dying breed.

I know people have been saying they wouldn't want to insult said person by walking upto them and saying some kind words, but actually, if it were me, i'd kill for somebody to walk up to me and tell me everything was going to be okay.

Thats so sad. I do this all the time though. I absolutely hate it but I feel like I have to do it. I put my head down EVERYWHERE I go. I can't even have a conversation with someone without avoiding eye contact.

I avoided to look at him too much because I didn't want him to catch me and make him feel uncomfortable, I know what that's like.

Instead of avoiding eye contact with those who have acne why not just look at them once and smile? I think avoiding eye contact is silly, I much rather have someone smile at me rather than avoid eye contact at all costs.

This morning on my way to the dermatologist I had no makeup on and my red marks were all visible to the public. I saw a little old lady walking past me and we both made eye contact and smiled, it made me feel good like she did not care about the red marks.

I avoided to look at him too much because I didn't want him to catch me and make him feel uncomfortable, I know what that's like.

Instead of avoiding eye contact with those who have acne why not just look at them once and smile? I think avoiding eye contact is silly, I much rather have someone smile at me rather than avoid eye contact at all costs.

This morning on my way to the dermatologist I had no makeup on and my red marks were all visible to the public. I saw a little old lady walking past me and we both made eye contact and smiled, it made me feel good like she did not care about the red marks.

it's hard for me to just smile at people. Most of the time when I try to do that, people just turn their head as if i've done something insane.

I only wish there were more people like you in this world to be honest - the compassionate have become a dying breed.

thanks. I am nice, I think, acne is just slowly turning me into a bitter person. See my other recent posts. lol

You can't save everyone. Approaching strangers is weird, and you don't want to alarm people. Smile and say hello. Hold a door open. Acne sufferers want to feel normal. They want to feel like they have the right to be here. It's unfortunate that some live like outcasts. In all honestly, I believe a smile can change someone's day, and I'm a very cynical person.

It's hard for you to smile because you're trying too hard. I'll make sense of it. Smiling is a characteristic of charm. Charm is a selfless trait which attracts others to you. You're becoming discouraged because people are unwilling to return the smile. Smiling emanates freely from those who don't think of it. Don't try, and let the smile come naturally.

Was it on the train to Manchester?

I know the feeling all too well as I'm not that far removed from severe acne on my face. I am getting alot better but instead of looking down all the time, it's just sometimes and I make alot more eye contact then I used too but still not even close to a normal person. I have a friend at work that I find really attractive and she told me one day, how come you never look at me for more then a few seconds at a time? I told her why and she said well you dont even have acne anymore on your face. People with flawless skin like her just cant comprehend what goes on inside most acne sufferers minds. She's a great person but only another sufferer could truely understand. I've been pretty much mild to clear for a few years on my face and I still am fighting my old weird habits.

I don't think you can stop that feeling sometimes I feel like helping them, but then again I can't even deal with my own guilt and my ways usually people don't listen to because they'll say health has nothing to do with acne I knew that's what I used to feel and think.

I think it would be possible if the person approaching them was also an acne sufferer. Because then it's not like some clear-faced person coming up talking to "what they once were". It's someone fighting the same thing at the very same time. Comforting. It's not the acne that is why the people aren't talking to them. (Not saying you said it was). It's the defensive shell they put themselves in. I personally find that showing people you are not afraid and looking them dead in the eye really puts the ones who will look down on you in their place. It's like they see a doormat then when you make eye contact you're all of a sudden a stop sign that just slapped them in the face and gave them a wake up call.

I don't think that I could say anything to anyone, because I spend alot of time trying to convince myself that the spots aren't that noticeable or aren't that bad, and someone coming up to me and saying things would just make me feel bad that people do see it

that tribe shits hella true yo, i work at a baskin robins, i see some kid wit acne i give him bigger scoops LOL!

poor kids, I understand how you feel when you see innocent younger people with acne who you just want to help in some way.

One of the fears I have is when I decide to have kids one day, that one of them gets acne, part of me would feel guilty for passing it on to them.

but thats life as they say :[

poor kids, I understand how you feel when you see innocent younger people with acne who you just want to help in some way.

One of the fears I have is when I decide to have kids one day, that one of them gets acne, part of me would feel guilty for passing it on to them.

but thats life as they say :[

I'm there. We have 5 daughters (22, 18, 15, 12, 12) and our oldest and 15 yr old are suffering from chronic acne right now, our 18 yr old has in the past and the twins have break outs from time to time. Same oily skin I had at that age. UGH! I literally die for them inside when I see new big zits pop up. Honestly I don't think it affects them as bad as it does me. Our oldest just graduated from college, has tons of friends, went to Alaska for 2 summers to be a camp counselor and off to New York this summer. When I was that age, all I could do was sit at home in front of the mirror and stare at my zits. I always want to talk about it with them, but they brush me off. They don't like talking about it - even when I see them doing big NO NO's (not washing make up off, putting make up over make up, touching face when oily etc... I want to scream DON'T!!!! lol). Anyway..everyone takes it different I guess. BTW: Husband: Flawless skin. :mad:

Yeah, acne gives a very huge psychological and emotional impact to me. It totally changes me. I have become a quiet, anti-social person. I really hope I would get my life back.... :cry:

how often do u see people like us in public? and what about party or social gathering? you dont, if hardly. well that from my experiences. we hide like scared people.

i used to put my head down everywhere i go until one day i finally accepted the person that i am because i tried everything out there on the market to clear up my skin and none really worked. i wasnt happy with it but i was contempt with my life. now i walk around with my head up and shoulder back, but i avoid eye contacts. im trying to work on that.

its sad really. im a bitter person because of my acne. i have friends and co-workers from time to time ask me why im mad. i tell them that im not mad and i wasnt really mad. it just shows up in my body language w/o me being aware of it. i guess i am really mad, mad at my acne.

i make no sense. sorry...

i feel the same way i'm always lingering to reach out to someone in public dealing with the same problem because I identify more with the person.