Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scooter540

Acne on face,but not forehead...

Hey guys.New to the site and hoping to find some answers.I've had acne since I was about 15(almost 19 now).I've used many products over the years.Most of these products work for a short time to reduce my acne but it returns every time.I've noticed something recently though that I never thought about before.My acne is on my cheeks,my chin,between my upper lip and nose as well as my neck.I also have a small amount on my shoulders.However,I have no acne at all on my forehead and this became an interest to me because I have fairly long hair for a guy(shag look)and it comes down over my forehead and rests on it all day.None of my hair touches the areas that I have acne.I also don't treat my forehead with acne products because of the lack of acne.What I'm wondering is if the reason I have acne is because I'm using those products to try and get rid of it.I've used these products for years and still have acne,but I've never touched my forehead with them and it's clear as could be.Also on my neck the acne ends where I stop using the products meaning from the cut off point down it's clear.I'm interested in seeing what would happen if I stopped using my acne cleansers for a few days just to see what happened but I'd hate to break out worse and regret it.What do you guys think?Thanks!

Same thing with me. Male, shaggy hair, forehead is flawless. All the areas I DO treat acne, I break out even more. Maybe your acne is from irritation from cleansers/topicals like I think mine is. I now just use a gentle cleanser + moisturizer. My face is getting a lot better than when I used retinoids. Sure, I still break out a little bit, but nowhere near as much as the retinoids. And I've only been doing this for 5 days. After 30 days once my skin heals from all the topicals, I'm thinking I'll be even clearer. :/

Hey guys.New to the site and hoping to find some answers.I've had acne since I was about 15(almost 19 now).I've used many products over the years.Most of these products work for a short time to reduce my acne but it returns every time.I've noticed something recently though that I never thought about before.My acne is on my cheeks,my chin,between my upper lip and nose as well as my neck.I also have a small amount on my shoulders.However,I have no acne at all on my forehead and this became an interest to me because I have fairly long hair for a guy(shag look)and it comes down over my forehead and rests on it all day.None of my hair touches the areas that I have acne.I also don't treat my forehead with acne products because of the lack of acne.What I'm wondering is if the reason I have acne is because I'm using those products to try and get rid of it.I've used these products for years and still have acne,but I've never touched my forehead with them and it's clear as could be.Also on my neck the acne ends where I stop using the products meaning from the cut off point down it's clear.I'm interested in seeing what would happen if I stopped using my acne cleansers for a few days just to see what happened but I'd hate to break out worse and regret it.What do you guys think?Thanks!

My acne is the same way. I NEVER break out on my forehead. I did in my teenage years but Im 25.

Hmm,well next week I have a few days off so I'll try the mild cleanser routine to see if it makes a difference.Even if it doesn't it won't be a big deal since I have nowhere to be those days.I also just bought an oxy product that guarantees to kill acne bacteria in 24 hours so we'll see if that makes any difference at all over the next few days.Thanks for the reply's!