Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thesweatyfox

Arghhh just gotta let this put somewhere!

So..

I have a profile on facebook and of course all the photo's are taken of me a while back when i look nice and my skin is good...for the last 5 months my skin has been its worst ever but of course there are no photo's of me looking like this!

People look at my photo's and make nice comments about my appearance and i just feel like a total fraud now. Sometimes i wanna close my profile down because i don't look or act anything like the girl in those pics anymore!

There are 2 guys who have been asking me out (one of whom i liked for ages, he was a lifeguard at my old gym) and i just don't know what to do? I feel way too self conscious of my skin to go out let alone date guys! I almost feel like saying well i have really bad acne now so i don't look anything like my f*cking pics...still wanna go on a date with me???!!!!

Arghhh!!! Ahh that feels better!

hey there i know how you feel i use to have really bad acne before until i saw a dermatoligist and he put me on roaccutane it really did help.At the time i had a boyfriend and i also felt insecure about seeing him because of the acne BUT he understood.Altough the treatment worked and do still get 1 or two minor ones but i've learn't to control it with the right topical medication.

My advice to you is don't stress just visited the dermotologist and see what he recommends for you.And just be patient with the medication if you focus less attention on the acne it will heal faster.

As for your dates. Im sure those guys would understand ,i mean everyone gets acne at some stage in their lives even them. Maybe if you just explain to them and be honest that you have a bit of skin problems at the moment they'd understand.Anyway its whats inside that matters.

Well, that is you in the picture, right?

If you're feeling like a fraud, I suggest taking a current photo with make-up. Men are completely aware that women use make-up to cover blemishes. Maybe you won't believe me, but I can find a woman attractive with acne. There are a multitude of factors that play into a woman's attractiveness. The problem is that you're fixated on your one flaw. Sure, that lifeguard may notice a change in your face, but that shouldn't void the feelings he has for you.

Same feeling here.. I usually wont even go out if my skin is really bad.. I don't think all my friends are even aware of how bad my acne has been because I pretty much go into hiding when I get bad breakouts lol.. How do you just IGNORE the fact that you have acne.. If I'm not comfortable with myself there is no way I'm going to be comfortable around others. It sucks how acne can be such a controlling factor in our lives. All my facebook pictures look like I have flawless skin lol... far from true.. Don't feel like a fraud because that is who you are, it's just a matter of time before you find something that works for you

:)

Thanks for your thoughts...

Uri...

yeah that could be an idea just mention that i'm having issues with my skin at the moment and see how they react. If its badly then thats their problem so screw them!!

I've already taken accutane twice, first when i was 16 then again when i was 18. It never worked for me, my acne would always return again a few months later thats why i feel doubtful of using it again.

Mortalsinner...

Thats true my skin is not my personality, people who have gotten to know me in the past can obviously see that i don't have perfect skin with or without makeup on.. but then they also took into account my personality. I guess i'm worried these guys are only wanting to know me for the way i look because they have no idea of what i'm like on this inside and have just contacted me because of what i look like in my pics.

I've started to get acne down my neck for the first time ever and i just think yuk who would want to kiss a girl who has big scabby spots down her neck...i used to love being kissed on my neck!!!

I know at the moment my skin is my biggest bug bear but i think with me its so much more. Bad skin or not i still feel like shit about myself, i have so many issues! its just easier to put on a positive front when you can hide behind a mask of looking good.

oh i think the lifeguard is a bit of a dick, he sent me some sleazy messages meant for another girl by accident....very off putting!!! ha ha ha!

yourowndisaster....

Yeah i'm the same if i feel my skin is too bad (like now) i hide away, my friends must think its a myth! like you say i wish i could ignore it, i hate the way it controls my life too. i feel so uncomfortable at the moment i don't even act like i normally do. i noticed the other day how i've started to wear the same clothes all the time so my chest and back are covered and when i walk down the street i just look at the ground. I try to avoid direct contact with people as much as i can but when i do i just act all sheepish, don't make much eye contact and get out of the situation asap. I'm usually a very social person.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Uri...

yeah that could be an idea just mention that i'm having issues with my skin at the moment and see how they react. If its badly then thats their problem so screw them!!

I've already taken accutane twice, first when i was 16 then again when i was 18. It never worked for me, my acne would always return again a few months later thats why i feel doubtful of using it again.

Mortalsinner...

Thats true my skin is not my personality, people who have gotten to know me in the past can obviously see that i don't have perfect skin with or without makeup on.. but then they also took into account my personality. I guess i'm worried these guys are only wanting to know me for the way i look because they have no idea of what i'm like on this inside and have just contacted me because of what i look like in my pics.

I've started to get acne down my neck for the first time ever and i just think yuk who would want to kiss a girl who has big scabby spots down her neck...i used to love being kissed on my neck!!!

I know at the moment my skin is my biggest bug bear but i think with me its so much more. Bad skin or not i still feel like shit about myself, i have so many issues! its just easier to put on a positive front when you can hide behind a mask of looking good.

oh i think the lifeguard is a bit of a dick, he sent me some sleazy messages meant for another girl by accident....very off putting!!! ha ha ha!

yourowndisaster....

Yeah i'm the same if i feel my skin is too bad (like now) i hide away, my friends must think its a myth! like you say i wish i could ignore it, i hate the way it controls my life too. i feel so uncomfortable at the moment i don't even act like i normally do. i noticed the other day how i've started to wear the same clothes all the time so my chest and back are covered and when i walk down the street i just look at the ground. I try to avoid direct contact with people as much as i can but when i do i just act all sheepish, don't make much eye contact and get out of the situation asap. I'm usually a very social person.

At the very least, you should try to get to know the guy just take it a little slow if you're uncomfortable. I agree with what a few people have said when it's not the same if a guy like me who has struggled with acne doesnt get bothered by it. The thing is though I've seen it first hand too many times where it really doesn't matter to 80% of guys even if they have good skin. My sister is 25 and she has struggled with keeping her face clear ever since I can remember but that never stopped guys from constantly flocking to her. She is the most confident person I have ever seen with moderate to severe acne. Even now when she still breaks out, my brother in law with no acne loves her so much, she can get him to do just about anything for her ;) . If the guy has a shallow personality, it's better you find that out sooner then later so you can move on. Like everyone, I hope things work out for the better.

Hey yeah it has changed the way I act alot too.. I'm usually a shy person already but having acne has definitely prevented me from being more social and making friends since I started university.. Also I wear a hat all the time now at school because it makes me feel like people can't see my face as easily that way lol. Its stupid but acne is a total confidence killer.

So..

I have a profile on facebook and of course all the photo's are taken of me a while back when i look nice and my skin is good...for the last 5 months my skin has been its worst ever but of course there are no photo's of me looking like this!

People look at my photo's and make nice comments about my appearance and i just feel like a total fraud now. Sometimes i wanna close my profile down because i don't look or act anything like the girl in those pics anymore!

There are 2 guys who have been asking me out (one of whom i liked for ages, he was a lifeguard at my old gym) and i just don't know what to do? I feel way too self conscious of my skin to go out let alone date guys! I almost feel like saying well i have really bad acne now so i don't look anything like my f*cking pics...still wanna go on a date with me???!!!!

Arghhh!!! Ahh that feels better!

thats the worst feeling, ive been there. its funny you say fraud, as if it's not really you.. when it actually is. i take pics on my cellphone and the resolution is very poor, so it kinda blends the color and makes my skin look dandy, but in reality its not as dandy as it seems. but, i have met up with a few girls who only saw my pics before, its gone okay i guess. i hope i did not surprise them with my less than perfect skin.