Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Apart from acne, are there any of you who generally feel uncomfortable with your behavioural, physical, emotional or mental well-being. You just feel as if there is something wrong/bad/uncomfortable deep within you, but you can't explain it or you can't find the cause. Perhaps you hardly realise it because you've been living like this for such a long time.

I used to. I said those exact words to my doctor, I knew something was wrong, but didn't know what, which made me uncomfortable. It goes in a vicous cycle until you figure it out. She didn't know either and told me not to worry. I went away and carried on with my muscle ache, headaches, nausea, even some panic attacks. The cause was stress that I wasn't dealing with. I'd bottled up so many feelings for so long it was affecting my body, caus that's what happens to us eventually. For me it took counselling to get it out. The second best thing is to exercise like a bitch. Keep trying things til you find what works for you,

Sometimes we purposely don't try to tap into our feelings caus society make us feel like we're doing something wrong, just by having a negative emotion. But you're a real person, not a clone of society, and you need to express your feelings somehow, or they will catch up with you. You sound like you've bottled alot of them up. Find something you can do everyday that makes you feel better and keep at it. If you still feel weird in a few months, seek help outside of yourself. I hope you figure it out.

The hardest part will be figuring out if this new character is you. It's never too late to reverse the process, but it does become more difficult the longer you delay. Charlotte makes a strong point. Bottled up emotions can affect your body, and it's very important to give your body the attention it needs. Venting and sharing your feelings to close family or friends is vital. Don't feel afraid to share on support message boards such as this one, or consult the help of a psychologist. Talk therapy is a helpful way to release your emotions.

The best advice I can give you is ask you this: What heals you? My heals are jogging, laughing, swimming and riding motorcycles. Everyone has things that just makes you feel yourself.

EXAMPLE: Me not being in the water in a very long time. I'm on the edge of the pool, purposely not putting my feet in the water because I want the sensation to hit me all it once. I dunk in, let my air out and sink to the bottom. There's that "aaah" feeling. Instantly, I am where I belong. Do that which is a very part of you and heal yourself. A place where it is your world, your territory. A million people could be around. Doesn't matter.

Except in the pool. So many darn people so I always have to swim underwater.