Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raiderdood

input accutane users

hey everyone, how do you guys keep blackheads in check during accutane? im getting tiny blackheads EVERYWHERE. i don't see any pimples, however when i'm washing my face i can literally feel hundreds of tiny bumps (blackheads). giving my skin a non smooth texture even when lathered. any idea what may be causing this? im using green cream 3 and revive.

also. did accutane progress for everyone? for example. 1st, 2nd month soso results, but keeps getting better and better?

If you've just started Accutane (or been on it less than two months!), that's normal progression for the course. Blackheads tend to protrude a bit as they purge; eventually your pores will be clearer or even completely unclogged. Some people report a sandpaper type feeling as their pores purge. Some never feel anything, the skin just seems to clear without visible purging (that was me).

Unless you're on a low dose of Accutane (less than 40mg a day), there's no need for a topical retinoid, even an over the counter kind.

If you've just started Accutane (or been on it less than two months!), that's normal progression for the course. Blackheads tend to protrude a bit as they purge; eventually your pores will be clearer or even completely unclogged. Some people report a sandpaper type feeling as their pores purge. Some never feel anything, the skin just seems to clear without visible purging (that was me).

Unless you're on a low dose of Accutane (less than 40mg a day), there's no need for a topical retinoid, even an over the counter kind.

As always Wynne, superb info. I should just title my threads with your name.

Edit: and how what about progression with acne in general? gets better and better? i.e. couple new spots -> next month, less -> next month -> even less?