Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had acne since the 5th grade. I am 20 years old right now my dad has acne and heavily pitted scars and so does my mom. I see them and I hoped I wouldnt have it like them, I did everything i could, acccutane creams and what not, sure it helped but of course it came back a little.

I even went on depression pills. I looked in the mirror today and took a good look, and it is honestly really difficult to look at myself. i picked a few months ago and i have like a big red mark thats slowly fading i guess... its hard not to pick no matter what anyone says btw. I also have a bunch of other marks from past acne that didnt completely heal. Now i just use retin A, or just started again after a long time and i have been usin it for 2 months almost which is making my skin worse cuz its bringin everything up to the skin ( but im not squeezing thankfully).

I am into looks like any youngster is and I think it is important i buy nice clothes and all that stuff, but im simply just tired of my face and I dont want to pay for treatments or nothing im just tired of everything and I blame acne for a lot of things in my life and I also blame my parents in my head . I spend an average of 2-3 hour on this site looking for answers and it has helped me a little bit but I guess in the end it comes down to the cards you have been dealt with. I hope to see a cure for acne in the future so my children and others wont have to go through what we did.

Yours Truly,

Drake

Long journey. I would like to see a cure for acne. Chances are it won't happen, because acne is a complicated condition. I hope to see more advanced treatments to control it.

You'll reach a point where you get sick of your attitude. You'll get tired of blaming acne for your problems. I believe we all have the ability to overcome. My acne was severe in college, and I'm sure you could understand how difficult that was. I don't believe acne should employ influence over our future goals. There are obstacles spread out across the highway. Our goals will always be difficult to reach.

thank you that helps i guess. I just hate it you know i have tried sooo hard and its just not fair you know ughh

You're twenty years old. Soon enough, you will begin to see how unfair life is. The problems in the real world will break you, and there's nobody around to reattach the pieces.

Determination will carry you. Faith works for others, but I stay balanced due to my own personal strength. Everyone has strength, but that strength is hidden under a shell of negativity. I can't give specific instructions on how to endure, but I'm confident you'll find a way.

There will be a day where you're filled with life. An unfamiliar trespasser will enter your body, and a feeling of overflowing excitement will emerge. In that moment, you'll take a sigh of relief and say "I'm still here. The problems I had will never be able to stop me. Now, I realize the only hurdle I have to clear is myself".

wow you got some good psychologial advice there, ever consider being a psychiatrist or a psychologist?

Yes, but I don't want to be in school until my thirties! I'm just happy to help. Best.

thank you, and sometimes i post things on this site and nobody hardly responds to them... do you think more ppl are gonna write ?

Generally, people respond if they have information to share, or if they can relate to what you're feeling. Bump your topic in the future. This will give other members the chance to read the topic.

Bumps this thread back to the top of the forum. Make a post with only the word "bump" in it. This will make sure your thread won't get buried underneath the other threads. It lets other members know you would like them to read and make a reply to your thread. Use it sparingly, though.

would i have to make a new post that says the word " bump" in it or would i just like reply to you saying " bump"

oh alright thank you very much, my doctor has given me retin a for ma face do you think that stuff works ? its only been 2 months ma face is like kinda gettin nasty cuz its bringin everything up