Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

POST accutane questions! I want to tan and get a piercing!

Sooooo i am done with accutane! Although it didn't work too well for me, I'm back on topicals and I already see an improvement so i'm happy.

this may sound so ridiculous, but i want my nose piercing back!! I had to take it out during accutane because it was getting really irritated. so how long should i wait to get it pierced again??? I've been off accutane for about 3 weeks now and all the side effects i had are already going away. also, when can i go out and enjoy the sun? the beach has been so tempting!!!

thanks in advance, and any feedback is much appreciated!

Wait at least a month before tanning and use SPF protection. Wait SIX months before getting a re-piercing. Some places will make you wait a year. It's in your best interests. Ignore those who say "I did it after a week and I'm fine!" How do you know they REALLY waited only a week? How do you know your healing is as good as theirs? Etc.

i had to take several of my piercings out while on accutane and now even my ear piercings (that i have had for 10 + years) are getting irritated. When I asked my derm about it, he told me to wait at least a year until i get anything repierced because my body needed time to heal.