Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HEWITT

PLEASE READ! DONT YA WISH?

Dont ya wish you can go back a couple years knowing that if you knew you were gonna get acne soon you would get started on medicines or such so that you can be prepared so that you wouldnt have acne? and so your skin can be that fresh type that you were born with? and not the quality of the skin with all the scars and big pores etc etc etc etc

I don't necessarily think that I could have done anything to prevent it, because I don't know the cause of my acne. But if someone told me while I was in high school that my acne would get WORSE once I left I wouldn't have believed it.. I always had the idea that by the time I was 20, acne would be a problem that was long gone.. GUESS NOTT!

I would had been powerless to prevent it. I wouldn't mind going back in time to stop picking.

Nah I wouldn't change anything that happens man. I really do think every thing happens for a reason. What if we didn't have/had acne. We probably be those douche bags who pick on people with acne or whatever.. I don't know.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't change history for anything.

Nope I would never change the fact that I've had acne in one form or another for 7 years. Sure, some of those times weren't very pleasant...at all...but I learned so very much from them. I have become a better person because of my acne, and also met some irreplaceable people from this site. I was virtually clueless about skincare before the org, and now, I know a whole heck of a lot more and I'm still learning.

Yeah, I'm not sure acne can be prevented (yet). My mother had acne when she was young, so as soon as I got my first cluster of blackheads on my nose, she whisked me off to the dermatologist and started me on some topicals. The acne came anyway.

But if acne could be prevented...well, then I'm not sure. I could have avoided a lot of pain by having a clear complexion all through high school and college. At the same time, I became a much more emotionally intelligent person by learning to deal with pain. And I will always appreciate clear skin, more than people who were born with it and had it their whole lives. I'm really not sure if I would prevent it or not.

Oh, who am I kidding. I would avoid it acne if I could...if only to save myself thousands of dollars and countless hours on skin care. And I would certainly want to prevent it for my children someday, to spare them the misery! I think my own mother wanted to prevent it for me. It hurt her a lot to see my skin get bad over the years, because she went through the same thing herself.

If I could have done that, I would have had to start medicines when I was about 8 or 9... No one in my family has acne, I am the only one... And as yourowndisaster said, the cause of my acne is still unknown... Dermatologists told me it was gonna be gone when I turned 18 or something like that, when my hormones stopped... I am almost 21 and here I am :S