Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
electric_feel

This is how my face looks with and without makeup!

Hi girls/guys!

So I took some photos without flash during the day so you guys could see how my skin looks with makeup and without it. As you can see, I can cover the red marks quite well. I can't say the same for the bumps. My skin's texture is still very uneven, and wearing blush accentuates it even more. I just recently started wearing blush because my skin isn't as bumpy as it was when I erupted in cysts, but I think it makes my skin look worse.

Anyway, what do you guys think I can do to make my makeup look better?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/led...rogress-001.jpg (without makeup)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/led...rogress-001.jpg (without makeup)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/led...rogress-006.jpg (with makeup)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/led...rogress-007.jpg (with makeup & blush)

Thanks!

WOAH! Coming from a boy, i never knew a girl could be so talented with makeup, i doubt people even know you have any acne at all! Thats amazing. I personally think your skin looks fine, and maybe no need for any further makeup, what is your like main acne treatment though? i could maybe help a bit.

Sorry im not too helpful, im a boy, and not really to familiar with all this makeup stuff :X

Alex

I think you look better without the blush, how do you cover the red marks so well?

WOAH! Coming from a boy, i never knew a girl could be so talented with makeup, i doubt people even know you have any acne at all! Thats amazing. I personally think your skin looks fine, and maybe no need for any further makeup, what is your like main acne treatment though? i could maybe help a bit.

Sorry im not too helpful, im a boy, and not really to familiar with all this makeup stuff :X

Alex

Thanks! My acne has gotten better, it used to be much worse.

My main regimen is in my signature. I wash my face with Trader Joe's tea tree oil soap. =)

I agree the blush just seems to draw out the bumps, maybe just skip the blush for now and when your skin calms down a bit try adding it again? :)

I think you look better without the blush, how do you cover the red marks so well?

I use Revlon Colorstay foundation in "Buff" and Cover Girl pressed powder in "Translucent Fair."

I take a makeup sponge and do the stippling method all over my face, I dry my face for about 3 minutes with the blow dryer on a cool setting. I go over my worst cheek again with some more foundation. I set my foundation with the pressed powder. I use Physician's Formula loose mineral powder on top of the Cover Girl pressed powder.

It takes me so long to get ready, I wish I had flawless skin and I could just walk out the door without the globs of makeup. =(

Bumps were/are the things that bug me the most because they can't be hidden! it's not a color thing, it's a shape thing :lol:

Does your blush have shimmery particles in it? look really close, sometimes they're hard to see. That would be my guess as to why you don't like the blush because shimmery blushes will reflect lights and make bumps more noticeable, imo anyway. If so, try a matte blush, make sure it has absolutely no shimmer in it. If you still don't like the results perhaps you can just use a faint bronzer (I like "soft bronzer" by EDM for fair/light skin) on the top of your cheek bones, near your hair line, and lightly above your brows. This way you would still get some contouring while avoiding the areas where acne is most common

So im guessing, you have never been to a dermatologist?

I have been to a dermatologist, i'm on antibiotics right now, but I will be off of them in a month. I really don't want to be on antibiotics, but quitting cold turkey is not an option.

Bumps are quite hard to conceal as the others have say its because they are shapes. I suppose using a makeup primer before foundation might help to even out the skin a little.

Probably a darker shade blush such as plumy or taupey colours are better than pinks or peaches and avoid the shimmery blushes or highlighters.

You may want to glam up other parts of your face such as applying eye makeup. It draws the attention away from the skin.

Bumps were/are the things that bug me the most because they can't be hidden! it's not a color thing, it's a shape thing :lol:

Does your blush have shimmery particles in it? look really close, sometimes they're hard to see. That would be my guess as to why you don't like the blush because shimmery blushes will reflect lights and make bumps more noticeable, imo anyway. If so, try a matte blush, make sure it has absolutely no shimmer in it. If you still don't like the results perhaps you can just use a faint bronzer (I like "soft bronzer" by EDM for fair/light skin) on the top of your cheek bones, near your hair line, and lightly above your brows. This way you would still get some contouring while avoiding the areas where acne is most common

Whenever I go to the MAC store for blush I always insist that they find me a blush without any shimmer. Trust me, I have been buying makeup long enough to know that shimmer in a blush will accentuate bumps like crazy. I have tons of matte blushes, but I think the color can also be the culprit, it makes a person look at your cheeks more. Without blush my face looks monochrome, some women might consider that a bad thing, but for people with bumpy skin it's better don't you think?

Wow, you're extremely talented. I personally think your make up looks fine, I wouldn't worry too much about the bumps. Also I do agree you look better in the first make up picture :)

Ever consider Accutane?

Yes, but my acne is not bad enough that my derm will prescribe it to me. Plus, I haven't exhausted all of my possibilities yet.

It's a personal choice I guess.

I have a few bumps right now and I know they will be visible with or without blush so I go for it, but I use very very little. I dip my brush in the blush, tap off the excess, then wipe most of it off on a tissue and then use it. I depend more on bronzer to not look "blah"

You may want to glam up other parts of your face such as applying eye makeup. It draws the attention away from the skin.

You haven't seen me in full makeup because i'm hesitant to post a full face photo of me, but I wear eye makeup most of the time. A lot of it. I love doing a smokey eye with violet colors. I just don't have that much eye makeup in the photos.

looks very well covered-up.

one piece of costructive criticism:

it looks like you're wearing too much foundation around your eyes and especially on your undereye area.

try just applying foundation to your face and NOT the underyeye area and NOT the eyelids. then just blend the foundation from your upper cheeks to your underyeyes without adding any more makeup. and no foundation on the eyelids! takes some practice to get down but it'll look much more natural once you get good at it.

looks very well covered-up.

one piece of costructive criticism:

it looks like you're wearing too much foundation around your eyes and especially on your undereye area.

try just applying foundation to your face and NOT the underyeye area and NOT the eyelids. then just blend the foundation from your upper cheeks to your underyeyes without adding any more makeup. and no foundation on the eyelids! takes some practice to get down but it'll look much more natural once you get good at it.

Thanks for the tip. I do apply foundation over my lids, I find that it helps my eyeshadow stay on longer.

Wow, your red marks are gone!

My red marks are fading and take up a small area of my cheek, but I can't for the life of me cover them...

Do you use concealer afterwards?

Wow, your red marks are gone!

My red marks are fading and take up a small area of my cheek, but I can't for the life of me cover them...

Do you use concealer afterwards?

No, I don't use concealer I only use foundation and pressed powder. I use a lot of it with a makeup sponge and go over the area a bunch just to make sure there's enough coverage.

I had to go to my dermatologist today, and I went without any makeup...I was pretty embarrassed about my red marks. My dermatologist said some of my red marks look like they might want to scar. I hate that word, it scares the crap out of me. =(

The foundation is nicely done; perhaps more blending near the nose would be good too. I vote: no blush as dry on top of dry looks cakey in the picture.

The best looking blush application on me is exactly where I get sun if I'm out without SPF. That means a smidgeon on top of the cheekbones with a bit leading toward the nose; not up too high and none under the cheekbone. That's for me though :)

The blush looks a bit too 'brown' for you; a touch of a color close to your natural blush (the color you blush when you do/if you do) would look nice. Or the color you get with your first flush of summer sun.

I am NOT a makeup expert though. I am just sharing what I think. :)

wow really good make-up skills. You're really pretty too btw, lovely eyes :)

Thank you, I need the confidence boost right now. After hearing my dermatologist say that some of my darker red marks might scar I left her office quite discouraged. =(

By the way, you have an adorable face

That was sweet. Thank you. :)

wow really good make-up skills. You're really pretty too btw, lovely eyes :)

Thank you, I need the confidence boost right now. After hearing my dermatologist say that some of my darker red marks might scar I left her office quite discouraged. =(

By the way, you have an adorable face

That was sweet. Thank you. :)

Well you seem like a very kind person too, youre welcome ;)