Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so I'd say I have mild acne with fairly oily skin. It sometimes goes more toward severe but that's not too often. I've had it for 2-3 years, I'm 16 now. The acne is usually on my chin, around my lips, and on my cheeks. I went to the dermatologist probably a year ago and he gave me Retin A and Duac (I think)? That wasn't really helping and was just drying up my skin a tonn. So I went back and he gave me Differen and some antibiotics to take when the acne got severe. I've been using the Differen daily + antibiotics when needed for probably 6-7 months now. I wash my face twice a day using some Neutrogena acne wash junk. I'll have fairly moderate acne for a week and then for maybe a day or two my skin will be decently clear and look ok. That's always the cycle. As for what kind of acne... it's just whiteheads 99% of the time, but they're really nasty.

I hate, hate, hate having to constantly battle this and it holds me back from a lot of stuff. Not sure what I should try now... thinking of trying ProActiv or another "miracle" product..

Well I've never used Duac or Differin before but usually if the medication is not working after 2 months, it's safe to change to another prescription. From my experience, I have had good results with Benzamycin, however, I've become immune after using it for several months. Maybe you should ask for Benzamycin and Minocycline as a combination.

"Just whiteheads" I think you're talking about pustules here, dude.

Other than that minor nitpick, I've got nothing to add.