Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vampireninja09

Max, what do you want for dinner?

I've heard that primer prevents the foundation from going into your pores? I'm not too sure lol but I use it anyways.. Any other feedback on this would be great.

a skin primer is used as a base for your makeup. It's primarily used as a layer between your moisturizer and your foundation to prevent your makeup from melting off throughout the day. Some are designed to help control oil, some help your foundation blend into the skin better and can also help diminish the appearance of pores/fine lines.

So far i've tried:

Make Up For Ever HD primer,

Laura Geller welcome matte,

Bare Escentuals Prime Time,

Smashbox Photo Finish

MAC Prep+Prime

Prep+Prime SPF50

Monistat Anti-Chafing gel

Tarte Clean Slate

Tomorrow I will be trying a sample of Laura Geller's spackle. Next on my list - Laura Mercier's primer and Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch.

Not all of them are created equally.. The Smashbox, BE, and Tarte primers look and feel like the Monistat Chafing gel. Clear, gel primers - some are slightly thicker than others but the effect on the skin is the same. The Tarte primer is actually quite thick and emollient and feels exactly like the Monistat. It's also $20 more expensive.

Make Up For Ever's primer was good, but absorbed too quickly for my liking. It was a clear runny lotion that made little to no difference in my foundation application or the way it wore throughout the day.

I have to say that so far, based on what I have tried, I prefer the MAC Prep+Prime. It has the same silicone texture but is white and has more of a whipped texture. It has oil-controlling ingredients and applies very smooth on the skin. I consider it to be an all-around solid primer that does what it promises to do.

Tomorrow i'll update this post and include my thoughts on the Spackle primer by Laura Geller =]

a skin primer is used as a base for your makeup. It's primarily used as a layer between your moisturizer and your foundation to prevent your makeup from melting off throughout the day. Some are designed to help control oil, some help your foundation blend into the skin better and can also help diminish the appearance of pores/fine lines.

So far i've tried:

Make Up For Ever HD primer,

Laura Geller welcome matte,

Bare Escentuals Prime Time,

Smashbox Photo Finish

MAC Prep+Prime

Prep+Prime SPF50

Monistat Anti-Chafing gel

Tarte Clean Slate

Tomorrow I will be trying a sample of Laura Geller's spackle. Next on my list - Laura Mercier's primer and Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch.

Not all of them are created equally.. The Smashbox, BE, and Tarte primers look and feel like the Monistat Chafing gel. Clear, gel primers - some are slightly thicker than others but the effect on the skin is the same. The Tarte primer is actually quite thick and emollient and feels exactly like the Monistat. It's also $20 more expensive.

Make Up For Ever's primer was good, but absorbed too quickly for my liking. It was a clear runny lotion that made little to no difference in my foundation application or the way it wore throughout the day.

I have to say that so far, based on what I have tried, I prefer the MAC Prep+Prime. It has the same silicone texture but is white and has more of a whipped texture. It has oil-controlling ingredients and applies very smooth on the skin. I consider it to be an all-around solid primer that does what it promises to do.

Tomorrow i'll update this post and include my thoughts on the Spackle primer by Laura Geller =]

Thank You that would be helpful :D

I mainly use a primer on my eyelids to help my eyeliner stay on longer and to brighten up my eyes if I decide to leave them bare. I've been using a Rimmel primer and I absolutely love it!

Also primers really good for putting on under foundation to make it look smoother and softer, I've never tried it for this though.

Most primers are silicone based, it helps to fill out the pores and make a smooth surface on the skin so the foundation can glide on easily instead of going into your pores. Some foundations already have silicone in them like the Lancome Teint Idole which I used to have, so then primer would be unnecessary with such foundations. BTW I have never used primer. I might try that for a special occasion though and see how it looks. I was thinking of buying a sample of Smashbox Photofinish light.

Well, I was finally able to try out the Spackle primer by Laura Geller.. I had been wanting to try this ever since they introduced the supersize 4oz. on QVC :P unfortunately it sold out and has been sold out for quite a while.

I have to say that i'm very impressed and it actually might replace MAC prep+Prime as my top favorite! The consistency is very similar to the MUFE HD primer - a milky white lotion. Unlike the MUFE primer, however, it doesn't disappear on the skin. It feels like a very lightweight lotion that makes the skin smooth but not greasy. It also doesn't have the silicone-y texture that Smashbox and Monistat have (which can sometimes make the skin feel slippery/oily.) It feels really good going on the skin, like a cooling effect almost.

It sells for $23 so the price is the same as the MAC primer except you get double the size (2.oz). for the sheer value alone, I think Spackle is the better primer. If/when the Supersize becomes available on QVC again, the value will be even greater -- 4oz for $27. Also, this primer comes in a clear shade as well as a tinted "bronzing" shade which seems quite nice. i've heard of many people using the tinted one by itself with no foundation for those non-makeup days.

overall I highly suggest trying this one out =]

MAC Prep + Prime also comes in an SPF 50 formula which is fantastic for anyone using retinoids who needs protection from the sun, or for people that are very fair like myself.