Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
makeitrayne

Should I stop taking accutane cold turkey

I saw my derm. about 3 weeks ago, and she told me to stop taking accutane 3 weeks from then...which is now. But I have herd that people break out right after they stop because thier body isn't used to not having it. Right now I am on 80 mg/day..40 in the morning and 40 in the evening. Should I just stop cold turkey, or should I start taking one 40 mg pill a day for like a week or so and then stop?...I have a lot of pills left too.

P.S. I have been on it for 5 monthes and I'm about 95% clear.

I saw my derm. about 3 weeks ago, and she told me to stop taking accutane 3 weeks from then...which is now. But I have herd that people break out right after they stop because thier body isn't used to not having it. Right now I am on 80 mg/day..40 in the morning and 40 in the evening. Should I just stop cold turkey, or should I start taking one 40 mg pill a day for like a week or so and then stop?...I have a lot of pills left too.

P.S. I have been on it for 5 monthes and I'm about 95% clear.

If you are to stop accutane then you need to stop. Listen to what your derm has suggested. Do Not over prescribe and take it longer or more then what you are sppouse to. Do Not Self Medicate... Accutane is a dangerous drug.

Just b/c you heard that quitting cold turkey can cause people to break out afterward does not mean it is true. Accutane is not always a permanent cure for acne. Some get it back a couple months after, few years or right after.

Some do a regimin that thier derm suggests shortly after.

There are no side effects from abruptly stopping Accutane. Stop as directed by your derm.