Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J16Reid

Will excercising cause a high liver enzyme count?

I am currently on Accutane and the day I went for my first blood test I went for a run..actually ran that whole week. I am reading that exercising can increase your liver enzyme levels. What can I do to lower them? And how far in advance should I take it easy before going for my next blood test...seeing that I don't get a call from my derm between now and then saying that I can't take it anymore :(

Thanks!

I am currently on Accutane and the day I went for my first blood test I went for a run..actually ran that whole week. I am reading that exercising can increase your liver enzyme levels. What can I do to lower them? And how far in advance should I take it easy before going for my next blood test...seeing that I don't get a call from my derm between now and then saying that I can't take it anymore :(

Thanks!

I don't know where you read that exercising can increase your liver enzymes unless our taking certian supplements or meds that wieght lifters or bodybuilders use. They can increase your liver enzymes.

I ran 5 miles a day and my liver enzymes were fine. I still got sides from accutane though, just not liver ones.

Accutane itself can alter liver enzymes and cause liver and cholesterol problems.

I have only read that exercising while on accutane has sometimes raised peoples CPK's....

http://www.rocheusa.com/products/accutane/pi/pdf

Strenuous excercise or muscle injury before you have your bloodwork done will cause your creatinine (not liver enzymes) to come back high. I know this from personal experience. Mine came back high on my first round of bloodwork. The derm said it was because I had ran a lot (10 miles) the day before. After that, my derm advised not doing any intense workouts 24-36 hours prior to getting bloodwork done so that it would not skew my results from the lab.

yeah i've read that REALLY strenuous exercising will raise liver enzymes.

to be safe, i don't lift for 48 hours before my blood test. i used to take a whole week off but there was no difference from 48 hours to a whole week off.