Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maddy001

Do you still visit your dermatologist?

This is a topic for post-taners especially those who are clear after accutane. I'm just wondering how many of you still visit your dermatologist after your course on accutane. I for one still do even though accutane cleared my system of acne. I just visit my accutane for regular checkups like every 6 months so he can assess my face and supply me with Retin-A for maintainence. Those who know me probably know that I love Retin-A.

So for those who are clear, do you stil visit your derm for to maintain your clear face?

Hiya, Maddy. I saw him at the 6 month mark. I have another appointment next month which marks a year. He said if everything is good then I don't have to come back unless there are other issues. I'll probably see him once a year just to get the retin-a micro prescription renewed. I love it, too!

Hiya, Maddy. I saw him at the 6 month mark. I have another appointment next month which marks a year. He said if everything is good then I don't have to come back unless there are other issues. I'll probably see him once a year just to get the retin-a micro prescription renewed. I love it, too!

ooh yeah me too, I'm just there for the Retin-A. Well at least someone replied me cos I was wondering am I the only silly girl who still continues filling up her derm's pocket with money even though she is already acne free. :lol: :lol:

My derm sucked so no I do not visit them. The last time I went to visit them (around my last mounth of treatment) he did not say anything about me coming back or what was next after Accutane. My acne has not returned thank god and any spot that does come up gets a dab of some tretinion (sp?) that I got from my derm a long time ago and it goes away within days.

Do you have a regular family physician that can prescribe the topical tretinoin for you in the future, DL?