Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've recently been hearing a lot about pantothenic acid (B5) and taking high doses (10-15 g) to get rid of acne. Now trust me, I've done a lot of research on this already, but I was just wondering if anyone here had tried it an what kind of results did you experience?

I know it says there are no harmful side effects of taking such high doses because it's a water-soluble vitamin, so basically you just pee everything out that your body doesn't need. But I was just wondering, do you think it would be okay to take an antibiotic with this? I went to the dermatologist today and he wrote me a prescription for Solodyn and Retin-A Micro. I know I should've asked him about taking pantothenic acid, but I chickened out thinking he would tell me its a bad idea (cause they won't make any money off of it). So do you think it would be okay to take 5-10 g of pantothenic acid with Solodyn? I don't think I would take the Retin-A Micro while doing this cause I know its supposed to dry you out a lot.

Thank you sooo much, and please help me. This really is my last resort. My dermatologist said if I come back in 2 months and my acne still is the way it is, I'm gonna have to go on a 3rd round of Accutane, and I realllly don't want to do that, so I'm figuring this is worth a shot.

You really need to ask your doctor about supplement interactions with any prescription medications you're taking. Try the Retin A micro instead of the B5, I'd say.

Ask your pharmacist if you don't want to ask your doctor.