Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suzyljank

perioral dermatitis

Hi, I'm a 58 year old woman. I had pod a few years back and a course of ampicillin ( I can't take tetracycline or sulpha drugs) and metrogel cleared it up. It has come back now and then and usually the metrogel clears it in a few weeks. Now it's back again, it's not that bad but I'm a worrier and I don't want it to get bad. I don't know why I keep getting this. I had too much sun a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if that made things worse. At my age I never thought I've have to worry about break outs around my mouth. This is a very aggravating condition and I bet stress just makes things worse. I'm trying to give it a little time to see if the metrogel will resolve it but if not I guess I'll have to go the ampicillin route again. I don't like to take to many antibiotics. I have a family member who just got over MRSA a few months ago because of a resistant strain of staph and I know some of that is caused by over use of antibiotics. A month or two on them isn't that appealing to me. Not to mention what they can do to your GI tract. Has anyone every cleared this up on gels alone. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks Faun.