Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CentralTexasBoy

How long does it take for Minocycline to leave the body?

After a gradual reduction which began two months ago, I completely stopped 3.5 weeks ago today. Having a bit of a rebound flare unfortunately. Couple of questions:

1) How long do the rebound flares typically last?

2) How long before all traces of the minocin are completely gone from my body? I want nothing to do with it ever again.

Thanks....

They should be gone in probably under a month i would say, maybe more, it shouldn't really matter though, is there any reason why you want all of it gone?

After a gradual reduction which began two months ago, I completely stopped 3.5 weeks ago today. Having a bit of a rebound flare unfortunately. Couple of questions:

1) How long do the rebound flares typically last?

2) How long before all traces of the minocin are completely gone from my body? I want nothing to do with it ever again.

Thanks....

I took it on and off for 7 years (way too long). I know now that this is not the way it's supposed to be taken. It has done more harm than good. Aside from a candida overgrowth, I also have what look like bruises in a few places on my body. I've read that this is where minocin can form "deposits" in your body, and that it can take a while for them to leave.